Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't play songs from midway through a playlist, restarts at beginning.

Can't play songs from midway through a playlist, restarts at beginning.

I have a playlist of about 500 songs. Unfortunately because Spotify seems to have ruined their shufle feature, just shuffling the playlist results in hearing the same 30 songs in a row. A rubbish but usable solution to this is to try and play the playlist from about halways through and play without shuffle.

Unfortunately even that is too difficult for this completely **bleep**e app. If I select a song in the middle of the playlist it will play it and then switch to the beginning of the playlist for the next track. I'm not adding the song to the queue, I'm clearing the queue entirely and selecting that song, the expected behaviour would be for to play the next song right? Not play FROM THE **bleep**ING BEGINNING.

As said in my previous post re shuffle, tired of Spotify premium now. The app and service have gone completely downhill and I'll be cancelling my membership.

6 Replies

Hi there, this is an untested thought, but does does clicking SHUFFLE twice allow the randomised list to change?

No, fraid not. Tried clearing cache and uninstalling app. Always goes back to the beginning of the playlist after starting halfway in.

About halfway through 500-song playlist. 256 perhaps?

Maybe you have found a limitation in the random algorithm.

Copy your playlist and prune it down to 255 songs. Does the problem persist in that new playlist?

Are you listening on your mobile or using Connect? There's a known limitation with spotify connect and large playlists (over 250 songs if I remember correctly). The only solution at the moment is to split large playlists into smaller ones.

@Joe, is possible to create a playlist made from playlists?

I'm a free user and have a similar problem. I have several playlists ranging in size from  16 songs to over 300. Every time I open the app, select a playlist, and hit "shuffle play," it ALWAYS starts with the first songs on the list. This suddenly started happening about 5 weeks ago is only a problem on my Android phone. Someone help!

Suggested posts