Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't play specific song in playlist filter

Can't play specific song in playlist filter

This issue started last night out of no where. When I filter songs and choose the first song in the filtered list, it will not play the selected song. Instead, the first song on my playlist with the added filter will start playing. If I choose the second song on the filtered list, the second song on my playlist plays instead and so on.  Also, the app will not retain the shuffle status once I select a different song to play. 

I have tried deleting the cache, delete the app, remove all offline devices, and log off of all devices. However, nothing has worked.  

Edit: I have come to notice that the filter issue only affects my old playlists. If I create a new playlist and add songs to it, I can filter and play the selected song just fine. I have tried deleting and restoring my old playlists, but that did not help. 

23 Replies

Experiencing this same issue in all of my playlist, it started sometime last week (thurs or friday I believe). Reinstalling the app, creating new playlists, and creating new accounts does not work. It looks like a bug in the filtering code, not an account issue. 

Ok my spotify just updated and I can now play specific songs in my playlist. So it seems like they fixed it fellas. Not entirely though, because shuffle still turns off after choosing an individual song for me. 

This issue is still persisting for me, i figured spotify would've come out with a patch at this point.  Please help, this is very annoying...

Don't want to make a new account. Spotify shouldn't require you to make a new account to fix a bug....

Suggested posts