i want to share song to instagram stories, after i click button share to stories spotify app open instagram app, after 1-2sec instagram app force close and return to the page to choose to share on social media platforms on spotify app
Can you let us know if this started after an app or OS update? Let us know exactly what happens when you try to share a song to your IG story - does the Spotify app freeze or does Instagram freeze. Does the story become available at all?
It would also be helpful to know your:
- Device model and OS version
- Spotify version
Looking forward to your replies.
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
- No OS update as far as I know (it sometimes gives me the option to update OS in the middle of the night in which case I wouldn't know it did)
- Spotify doesn't crash
- IG doesn't crash per se - if IG was not already open, the "share to" would open up a new instance of IG so it becomes a draft Story - in this case, it tries to start a draft Story, fails, reverts back Spotify
Has been doing it for the last few days out of the blue. It can't post story to Instagram, noting updated or changed and on various phones as you can see others with issue. I sometimes get a white box pop up saying instagram keeps stopping.
Ive been experiencing the same problem as everyone here for the past couple days and I just found this today. this is what I got going on...
1. I choose Share to Instagram stories, switches to Instagram stories for a second and then crashes and goes back to the sharing screen on Spotify. I am able to open up Instagram through my home screen. No apps freeze.
2. Instagram updated 2 days ago and Spotify was 5 days ago. I noticed the problem either Saturday or Monday, can't remember exactly.
Currently experiencing the same as other users have reported. When I go to share a song to my IG story, Instagram opens momentarily at the draft story screen before crashing and redirecting me to the Spotify share screen. Multiple attempts result in a notification that "This app is not responding" (IG). Instagram opens fine on its own otherwise. The story does not become available at all.
It was working fine for me on Aug 3, and the issue started happening on Aug 4. I don't believe there were any app updates but I could be mistaken.