Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't see number of songs in playlist in new app update

Solved!

Can't see number of songs in playlist in new app update

Plan

Premium

Country

United States

Device

Google Pixel 3

Operating System

Android 8

My Question or Issue

Since the new app update, there is no way to see the number of songs in a playlist. I used to be able to see this in the Playlists page of Your Library next to each playlist.

I was using this number to keep the same number of songs in my 35 library playlists, which I use so I don't have to download my entire library at once. Now I have no way to keep the same number of songs in each of my playlists the way I had been doing, which is disrupting the primary way that I use the app every day. If I can't keep track of what's in my library easily I have lost a large part of why I pay for Spotify and I will look to switch to another service.

1. (P.S. I don't like several of the changes in the new update... I also hate that I can't view the albums or artists of my saved songs anymore, and I liked the save button better than the new "like" feature that has replaced saving songs to my library. If Spotify is getting rid of the concept of a library of saved songs in favor of only being able to make playlists, I will move to a different music streaming service.)
62 Replies

Come on Spotify! Change the setting back to be able to see how many songs are in each playlist on the android phone app. 

For the last 4 years i have been throwing every song i liked into a playlist that I cap at 150 songs before starting a new one and repeating. This way i havw a catalogue of what music i was listrning to at different periods of my life. Never in my wildest dreams did I think spotify would remove a feature so basic that I barely recognized its existence. Now I have to count each song individually until i count to 150 (or roughly thereabout since you're bound to get lost).

Please sit whatever dev who came up with this idea down and ask him/her exactly why they thought this feature wasn't important and then promptly reinstate it. Its super annoying

I’ve found the solution it was so frustrating, just go to add a (random) song to a playlist and when all playlists pop up when the app tells u to choose which playlist u want the song to be added it will be stating underneath the playlists how many songs there are in each one of them 

I am shocked by the fact that Spotify staff hasnt even bothered to gives us a proper answer

I very much enjoyed keeping track of the number of songs in my playlists.

It also helped to inform me when songs may have gotten taken away so its not as if it was a useless feature. 

Please fix... And everything else yall broke in this update.

If you click on any song and select “add to playlist” it will show you the amount of songs you have on all of your playlist. I don’t know if this works for everyone but I hope it helps.

I'm not sure what device/OS you have but this doesn't work on my S9.

Still no way to see playlist size on mobile 🙃

Can't believe we have to ask for this... 

Very annoying. Poor user experience.

I pay EUR 5.99 per month for my Premium membership. I have playlists I cap at 40 songs exactly.

Now I can't see the amount of numbers anymore. Also the tip here given, adding a song to a playlist DOES NOT give me the total numbers per playlist.

Are we cash machines or customers?

Please give us an answer.

I can see the number of songs in the playlist via Shazam, when I play an interesting song, use Shazam to identify the song, select the option to add to Spotify and immediately see all my playlists with the number of songs in the playlists. And the easy way to find out the number of songs is to go to the Windows application_20190729_092810.JPG

Screenshot_20190729-092717.png

Please tell us how to see the number of songs in a playlist, this is a major downside to using the Spotify app right now. 

This also pisses me off no end! I have a premium service and the app keeps dumbing down with each update. Guido didn’t really reply properly or answer anything, just a standard scripted response. This obviously isn’t a temp bug as I have updated several times and still no track count.

Also, seeing a track count by adding a random track to your list of playlists is NOT a viable option!

Hi Guido, 

How's it going with this? 

I bet this is a small fix for you and I'm pretty sure this bothers a lot of users. How come this little, but very important, feature was taken away a few updates ago?

Like many others I create playlists and when I reach a specific number of songs in that playlist I create a new one and so on. Now it's impossible to keep track of your playlists and it has completely ruined my appetite to find new music and put them in my playlists. And I love discovering new songs and artists.

Can you at least give us a reason why and when we can expect to see total number of songs in playlist again? 

Earth to Guido!

You there? 

This **bleep** is unbelievable

It is incredible that they do not even bothered to do anything about it!

Me too!! Thought it was just me as my iPod still shows them? Guess I’ll have to fire the old thing up if I want to know? 

NOT HAPPY 

i like to know and my friends do to as I have playlists based around themes and people are amazed at how many songs include food in the subject for instance.

keep on fighting

Not sure why they see it as a new idea and why Guido did not post the linky here, but here is the vote...

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Mobile-Show-amount-of-songs-in-a-playlist/idi-p/4771606

Goed luck, 

7s

Suggested posts