Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't see songs in albums

Solved!

Can't see songs in albums

Plan

Free

Country

Canada

Device

Android A20

My Question or Issue

Hello! Whenever I search/go into an album, I can't see any songs, meaning no preview option, and the and more text doesn’t open anything or react in any way. Playlists give me a preview option, it seems to just be albums that I am having this issue with. 

If it helps, I have done a clean uninstall/reinstall of the app, cleared cach and data while doing that, and signed out and back in.

I have seen other people with this issue, but no definitive answers, so I figured I'd ask. 

Thanks for any advice and help!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @cocoa_n_mint,

Thank you for keeping in contact and for your feedback.

Since this feature is getting deprecated, all accounts will lose the ability to preview songs or view the list of songs in an album using the mobile app.

However, this option is still available on the Desktop version of the app, and the Web Player (when using a PC/Mac). Also, remember that you can leave your feedback in the link previously sent by @Alex.

Hope this clarifies things a bit. If you have any additional questions, don't hesitate to ask.

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Hi there @cocoa_n_mint,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Currently it's not possible to preview songs in Albums on the Spotify free service. We don't have any official information if this will be changed in the future.

You can leave your feedback on this matter here.

Hope this clears things up.

AlexModerator

Yes, that helps, thanks!

But what about just viewing the list of what songs are in the album, and being able to add individual songs to playlists from albums? My friend has the free spotify as well, but can view the list of songs, and is able to add individual ones to playlists. I don't get that option. Is it an option I am supposed to have? It's just odd to me that I can view the song lists in other peoples playlists, but not albums.

If that is not the case, thank you for the help anyway!

Marked as solution

Hey @cocoa_n_mint,

Thank you for keeping in contact and for your feedback.

Since this feature is getting deprecated, all accounts will lose the ability to preview songs or view the list of songs in an album using the mobile app.

However, this option is still available on the Desktop version of the app, and the Web Player (when using a PC/Mac). Also, remember that you can leave your feedback in the link previously sent by @Alex.

Hope this clarifies things a bit. If you have any additional questions, don't hesitate to ask.

OscarDCModerator

Yes, thank you for the help!

What a dumb idea removing our ability to see the individual songs, what if I just want to play one particular song but don't know the name of the song?

it’s easy asf to just close the app and make a playlist with all the same songs you like to avoid ads and you can just reload the other playlist when you find a song you don’t like so there’s zero point in premium plus musi better cause no ads unlimited skips and free plus easier to find songs combined with shazam

Suggested posts