Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't select songs. Can only shuffle play. Please help

Solved!

Can't select songs. Can only shuffle play. Please help

Hi. I'm a relatively new user and I have just downloaded thee spotify app on my iPhone. A few of my friends are regular users and they are able to search for and play specific songs. However when I try to do the same I can only shuffle play the album or playlist that the song is in. It's very frustrating. If anyone could shed some light on the situation I would be very grateful.
Regards
Ryan.
54 Replies

No luck here (Premium User). Still plagued by Shuffle Play....

@MattSuda wrote:

@Camofy 

Try logging out of the app and then log back in. It seems like it didn't activate yet.

There's a button the says go to full album. Once you are in there it works well.Insert Reply Above This Line--- Sent from Outlook Mobile

thanks craig. though more of a workaround than a resolve. my frustration is (currently) with playlists, on mobile. i can get around it similar to what you've suggested. only after i've initiated shuffle play", i can click on the currently playing song and turn off shuffle. hardly a resolve, and i have to do this every time i load a playlist. very frustrating.

@Camofy wrote:
There's a button the says go to full album. Once you are in there it works well.Insert Reply Above This Line--- Sent from Outlook Mobile

I cant choose any song on my spotify(On pc). Please help. Is This a bug or an update. I can Choose songs before. Reply Please.

@Jeanne12 wrote:

I cant choose any song on my spotify(On pc). Please help. Is This a bug or an update. I can Choose songs before. Reply Please.

I suggest you post in the desktop help section as this is aimed at Android devices.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

OK

Have we heard anything about this from Spotify?

I mean, with a Premium Subscription the regular means of playing a Playlist or Album should be fo play the tracks in the order they are sorted on the Disc. Spotify does not allow this, but instead forces "Shuffle Play" on us which we then have to work around/turn off manually.

What is so hard about just making a "Play" button as standard, and offering "Shuffle" as an option, the way any sane person would expect? Listening to a Brahms Symphony with the movements out of order, or even better, listening to an opera with the tracks all jumbled does not sound like something that makes sense... 

I find not being able to play songs without premium on the app is ridiculous and this should be changed so free spotify users can play a particular song when they want to and not on shuffle

Just like hajra802 i used to play spotify without the shuffle and i never got the premium. When i first got it 4 yrs ago it was on shuffle but after 2 yrs it just randomly let me select songs. This week i lost my phone and got a new one and i had to reinstall spotify and so now its on shuffle again. Would it take 2 yrs again so i can select songs

So I'm a Premium member and my iPhone 6 will only play in the shuffle mode? I've tried logging out and back in... no change?

@garyalves you've more chance of an answer in the iOS section.

I've been having the same problem when attempting to listen to my albums on desktop. I can shuffle the songs, but I can't pick one in particular. But I'm a Premium member (revalidated that a moment ago).

This behavior is new as of this week. It's pretty annoying.

I can't do this either. I can only go it on my Samsung Tablet but not on my phone. I'm starting to wonder if it's because my phone isn't an Android product, but I am honestly not sure because I could select songs when I got my new phone yesterday but today I can't.

It's the same here, supossedly you can play your playlists (or album BTW) in orden on your mobile phone, but now i can't seem to do it anymore even though I'm a premium member. 

It's really annoying how the change functionality that's working from day to day.

suffleplay spot premium.png

There is a known issue which spotify is supposedly looking into. Reinstalling the app following the steps here will fix your missing premium features.

The point of spotify is for streaming all your favourite songs when you create a playlist.  If you want to listen to only one song on repeat or specifically one song,  use listenonrepeat. 

I also can't do it!

But I used to be able to choose what song I wanted to play but I guess it was because it was on my ipad

How exactly do you do that? I opened up the page but I don't see it.

What's listenonrepeat? I'm a newcomer too and I don't understand what you mean. Please help!

It's another app or website. You can google it if you're interested.

Suggested posts