Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't select songs. Can only shuffle play. Please help

Solved!

Can't select songs. Can only shuffle play. Please help

Hi. I'm a relatively new user and I have just downloaded thee spotify app on my iPhone. A few of my friends are regular users and they are able to search for and play specific songs. However when I try to do the same I can only shuffle play the album or playlist that the song is in. It's very frustrating. If anyone could shed some light on the situation I would be very grateful.
Regards
Ryan.
54 Replies

Two + years and I could play all the songs as I wished. Since yesterday this problem was persisting. Only shuffle play. Is it a new update for non premium users?

Thanks .that answers the question for me, but I'm wondering what the reasoning for this is. Why would some devices be more restrictive than others?  Just leads to confution. 

I have recently found out the solution to this. I could email or pm you the solution (since I will rather not discuss it at this forum)

Pls send me the solution!! Thanks

Could you send the solution also me?

And Spotify won the “hip” war with indie bands? BULL**bleep**

pm me X

Solution.

Open this link in your browser as desktop site (easy on chrome. Check the 'desktop site' box from menu)

open.spotify.com

Zoom in and play a random song (but you can choose)

Press home button. The song would still play.

Now open the Spotify app. When you do, it will ask if you would like to connect to the web player or play on the app. Choose 'CONTINUE' which means playing through the browser.

Now you can use the app to search and play any song you like.

Its called 'spotify connect'. I also use this to control Spotify on my ps4

Solution.

Open this link in your browser as desktop site (easy on chrome. Check the 'request desktop site' box from menu)

open.spotify.com

Zoom in and play a random song (but you can choose)

Press home button. The song would still play.

Now open the Spotify app. When you do, it will ask if you would like to connect to the web player or play on the app. Choose 'CONTINUE' which means playing through the browser.

Now you can use the app to search and play any song you like.

Its called 'spotify connect'. I also use this to control Spotify on my ps4

If you need more explanation email me at (ymnpsc @ gmail . com) [remove spaces]

How to change songs at will in Spotify free on android [link to imgur]

@Hilla1 wrote:

This is because of that premium bull**bleep**. Even iTunes music is better

Delete the stupid app, thats what I did 🙂

Search on last pages

That's the same thing that's happening to me on my phone right now. I'e been using spotify for awhile now and t was fine on my tablets but then I got my phone this month and it began....

Hi, I use Spotify on both my phone and laptop, and found that this problem only occurs when using my phone. Maybe it's just a problem on mobile devices. I am able to pick and choose specific songs on my laptop, but not on my phone. Try on a computer or laptop.

Marked as solution

Hey there, 

One of the differences between Premium and Free is the ability to play all your music without Shuffle. As a Free user, most of the playlists you see can only be played in Shuffle mode. This does not apply for Spotify on desktop.

Spotify provides Free users with some Pick and Play Playlists which can be played on-demand, without Shuffle:

• These playlists can be found under Home > Made For You/Recommended For You.
  • Pick and Play playlists will include some of the most popular curated playlists on Spotify, such RapCaviar, as well as personalized playlists like Daily Mix. You cannot choose which playlists are Pick and Play, but Spotify will include a few editorial playlists that align with your taste.

For more info about the Free service, check out this help article.

Keep in mind that if you're subscribing to Premium but can only Shuffle play your playlists, it means that your subscription has either been canceled or you own another account which is on Premium. We suggest that you check out your receipts page for the former case, and this help article on finding other accounts for the latter. 

Hope that helps!

Suggested posts