Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't set my Bluetooth speaker to play spotify as alarm

Can't set my Bluetooth speaker to play spotify as alarm

Hello,

I'm having trouble to set my bluetooth speaker JBL Horizon to play my spotify playlist connected via bluetooth with my LG G4 mobile as a alarm.

When I set the alarm to play 1 or 2 hours later it works fine. The problem is when I set the alarm at night to play in the following morning. Instead of playing my spotify it just beeps.

The problem is when the speaker is beeping and I turn on the display of my cell phone, the spotify playlist starts playing immediately at the JBL bluetooth speaker. I've already removed my cellphone security lock but it made no difference. My bluetooth speaker is already set as a trusted device. I've already set the battery optimization to do not turn off the spotify app or the bluetooth, but the problem persists. 

Please, can anyone help me?

6 Replies

How exactly are you setting your Spotify Playlist to start at a particular time?

I suspect what is happening is that whatever service you are using to start the play intent is being closed by Androids power saving

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Hello Daniel,

Thank you for your reply. I agree with you, I believe that some how my LG G4 is saving battery when idle for a long period, and that is blocking the "play" command that my bluetooth speaker is sending at the time previous configured as alarm.

When I turn the G4 screen on, spotify starts playing immediately. I've already tried everything. I think my G4 bluetooth visibility is being limited also. I've installed bluetoothkeepactive, bluetooth Visible Widget, but it made no difference.

Have you checked your Doze settings in the phone power settings? Make sure to disallow doze to monitor Spotify and the other applications you are using to make it work. The guide in my signature has details of how to disable doze for specific applications.

Android Troubleshooting:

Hello Daniel, thanks again. Yes, I've already checked my Doze settings. Unfortunately it didn't solve the problem.

Is your phone left on charge overnight? I wonder if it's the fact the screen is off.... maybe try opening Developer Options and check the 'Keep awake while charging' option. Leave the phone on charge overnight and the screen will dim - but not turn off completely. This may allow the intent to correctly be received!

Android Troubleshooting:

Hello Andrea, 

i have the same problem but on iOS, so i think it's indipendent from the operating system. Did you solved the problem? This night i will try using the native music app instead of spotify. 

Bests,

Roberto

Suggested posts