Premium

Country

Romania

Device

Samsung Galaxy A70

Operating System

Android Pie

My Question or Issue

I've had this problem for a long time and it seems it wasn't fixed yet. Every time I want to share anything from Spotify to my Instagram it doesn't work, the Add to Instagram Stories option is just missing.

I've reinstalled both apps, updated my OS, made new accounts and switched my devices, no results. 

How can I fix this? It's definitely a problem I haven't heard others having, because some people I know have the exact same device, same OS and they can share to their stories.

Please help.

6 Replies

I have the same problem here for like a week now. When I try to share Spotify song on Instagram it seem like it opens but then the song doesn't  show up, it opens a screen as if I am going to make a photo for my story but the screen stays black. Nothing works.

Here is a screenshot of whar happens every time I try to share a Spotify song on Instagram, it just goes like that and there isn't any sign of the song or anything...

Screenshot_20191214-193432_Instagram.jpg

Hey there folks,

Thanks for posting about this here in the Community!

@ValentinDragonu keep in mind that we're always testing things in order to improve Spotify. If you're missing the option to share to your Instagram stories, you can find more info in this Spotify Answer

We'd also suggest making sure to always keep both apps updated so you won't miss the latest features and improvements.

@b0bby what you're describing sounds different than the issue described by @ValentinDragonu. Rest assured that our tech teams are currently looking into this however. We'd recommend heading over to this Ongoing Issue and adding your +VOTE and details there. We'll keep you posted on any updates in that thread so it'd be a good idea subscribing to it.

Hope this clears things up! Don't hesitate to give us a shout if there's anything else we can help with.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

I have the same problem with Bobby. Every time I would like to share something from Spotify to Instagram Stories, the page shown is black. It happened in these two weeks. I have uninstalled the both apps and redownload them. And it still happens now. Hopefully it can be solved soon. Thank you.

Hey there @restyamalia,

Thanks for sharing this here in the Community!

In that case, we'd suggest adding your +VOTE and details to the Ongoing Issue linked above to ensure you stay up to speed with any news we have from our tech teams about this.

Let us know if there's anything else we can lend a hand with - we'll be happy to help!

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Hey guys!

There is also a second Instagram issue. Below you'll find links to both Ongoing Issues:

Sharing to Instagram Story will open the camera instead of the story editor

[Android] Sharing to Instagram Stories doesn't work

Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day!

Suggested posts