Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't share Spotify to instagram stories

Can't share Spotify to instagram stories

I could share tracks and playlists etc to Instagram stories fine last week. No updates to my phone that I'm aware of. Now I can't share Spotify to instagram stories. The only options I have are Instagram direct or another Instagram symbol and it just says Instagram below it. This is where I used to press for Instagram stories when I press it now it just takes me to Instagram stories but with my camera open. Why us it suddenly doing this? I tried uninstalling Spotify and Instagram already, rebooting my phone off and on etc but can not get it to work? Why is this? Can anyone help? Thanks

Plan

Premium

Country

Uk

Device

Xiaomi mi 9t pro

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

8 Replies

I'm having the exact problem recently. Is this a new update or what??

Hey there @mattsever and @Tabularossa,

Thank you for your posts here in the Community. 

In this case we suggest that you perform a clean reinstall of the app. This will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

We also recommend that you make sure that you're using the latest version of Instagram.

If nothing of the above does the trick, there's currently an ongoing issue about this. You can leave the required information in there, leave a +VOTE and Subscribe to the thread for any updates.

Let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hello, I have the same issue since today (3/29), before it worked fine and I didn't have any update on my phone. I've cleared the data and cache, and did a clean reinstall twice (including rebooting my phone off and on) but that doesn't fix it. I've also reinstalled the IG app.

Plan

Premium

Country

Argentina

Device

Samsung S20 FE

Operating System

Android 11
Spotify version
Instagram version

please, could you provide a fix asap? thank you

Hey there @ncaceresmeyer

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community, and welcome 🙂 

As @Jeremy mentioned, we’re aware of an Ongoing Issue causing the behavior that you describe and the team in charge is currently looking into it.

We’d recommend adding your +VOTE to this thread. We'll keep you updated with any relevant news there.

If anything else comes up, you know where to find us. 

Cheers.

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Bende aynı problemi yaşıyorum ve bu durumdan çok sıkıldım 3 gündür bununla uğraşıyorum 

Hey @husozturk93

Thanks for reaching out to us. Hope you don't mind us replying in English, as it's the Community's official language.

Keep in mind that this is currently being investigated by the right teams. 

We'd recommend keeping an eye out on the thread we previously mentioned so that you can stay up to date with any news about this. 

Have a good one. 

NovyModerator

Hi

Thanks for replying. I have tried what you have suggested multiple times and it still does t work. Very frustrating.

Thanks

Matt

Hi @mattsever

Thanks for your reply. 

We'd suggest adding your vote and subscribing to this thread so you can stay up to date with any relevant news about this. 

We'll be here if anything else comes up. 

Cheers.

NovyModerator

Suggested posts