Can't share music to Instagram stories

Can't share music to Instagram stories

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus

I wish to share the music I am listening to on my Instagram stories, however the option doesn't show up. When I am listening to the music and click the share button, the list shows up as follows:

Whatsapp
Facebook
Messenger
Twitter
SMS

Copy Link
More

I've gone into each category just to double check and none of them contain the share to stories link for instagram.

My Instagram, Spotify and Facebook are all up to date.

14 Replies

Hey @GrassThatCowsEa! Welcome to the Spotify Community. ^^

This was fixed in the latest Android version. 

You can make sure that you're always on the latest update by enabling updates or perform a quick reinstall of your Android app by following these steps

Let me know how it goes! ^^

Peace

I followed the steps exactly as you described and nothing.

When I want to share the song to my Instagram story it’s asking for my login and for my login I use my Facebook login and it still won’t let me share it’s  asking that same question for every song 

I've been having the same problem since yesterday morning on iPhone8, deleted and reinstalled Spotify, FB, & Instagram, shut down phone, all the steps, doesn't work. They have no answer for it, they said see if Instagram makes an update. I'm not sure which one of them is having the problem, Spotify or Instagram, but there just isn't much help.

It asks me to log-in for every song that I want to share on Instagram stories and then it doesn’t share it. It doesn’t show me a preview of how it’s supposed to look before I put it on my IG story either. 

I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled both apps and it still didn’t work and I have the latest version of both on my IPhone X 

Same here!!

Same

same 😞

same problem 

Same here

same

Hey folks,

Just to let you know that this issue should now be fixed (see the relevant thread here).

Let us know if you're still experiencing this issue and we'll help you out 🙂

Here's don't working. I has restored my smstysmart and the problem continues.

My smartphone: Xiaomi Mi 6

Sprofiy version: 8.4.83.625

Instagram versiiv: 73.0.0.22.185

I've tried clearing data and reinstalling the app but it still doesn't work. 

The thread you linked too was for iOS and so I don't think it'll work for me as I'm on android. All my apps are up to date. 

Suggested posts