Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't share my Spotify song on Instagram Stories (Android)

Can't share my Spotify song on Instagram Stories (Android)

Plan

Premium

Country

Philippines 

Device

Samsung Galaxy A50s

Operating System

Android 10, One UI 2.0

My Question or Issue

I'm having trouble sharing my Spotify songs on IG stories for a long time now. At first I thought maybe it's because of my old HTC phone. But when I recently got my current phone and tried sharing again, it still doesn't work. I made sure that my IG and Spotify are updated, even uninstalled, reinstalled, cleared cache and even data but nothing seems to work. Tried all the suggestions I could find online. Really don't want to stop having to screenshot my Spotify song just to share. Hope that you could fix this. Thanks. 

viber_image_2020-03-03_13-52-19.jpg
viber_image_2020-03-03_13-52-19 (2).jpg
3 Replies

Hello @rocketeerhigh,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

Just to clarify, is the "share to Instagram stories" option available but not working, or is it completely absent when you check the "sharing options" menu? 

We're looking forward to your update and we're here to help with anything else too! 

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Mario,

Thanks for the response! The "share to Instagram stories" is sadly not available at all. As you can see on the photo I attached, it only shows that I can share the song through direct messaging. Is there a certain setting that I need to change on my Spotify account or Instagram account? Wondering if that is also a factor. Thanks!

Hello @rocketeerhigh,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

To answer your last question, tests are constantly run in order to improve Spotify and if you're missing the option to share to your Instagram stories, here you'll find more info regarding why. 

We'd also suggest to keep making sure both Spotify and Instagram are updated so you won't miss the latest features and improvements.

Hope this helps clarify things. Don't hesitate to give us a shout if there's anything else we can help with.

Have a nice day!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts