Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can`t start Spotify on my new Samsung Galaxy S5

Solved!

Can`t start Spotify on my new Samsung Galaxy S5

Hey there, 

I`m facing a pretty annoying problem and I really hope someone can help me here to fix it. Recently I purchased the new Samsung Galaxy S5 and as a Premium-Member I also wanted to install the Spotify App of course.

I downloaded it from PlayStore, started it, and eeewww: After a few seconds just a Popup: "Spotify stopped". Well, I did what I usually do when something like this happens: Cleared Data and Cache, still the same. Restarted the Smartphone, still the same. Uninstalled Spotify, cleared all data, installed it again, still the same.

I don`t know what to do now anymore but I also doesn`t want to give up Spotify on my new Smatphone. Anyone got any help or idea?

Oh, just by the way: The phone is just a few days old. No root, No Custom ROM or anything else.

Thanks and Greetings from Germany,

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Might be an issue with your SD card. Can you uninstall Spotify then remove your SD card.

Reboot the phone and then install Spotify with the SD still out. See if it works now?

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

View solution in original post

13 Replies
Marked as solution

Might be an issue with your SD card. Can you uninstall Spotify then remove your SD card.

Reboot the phone and then install Spotify with the SD still out. See if it works now?

Android Troubleshooting:

Hey Daniel,

thanks for your quick reply. 

Well, I just formatted my SD Card, cause there was way too much crap from my old phone on it anyways, cleared the data from Spotify again, started the App, and there you go: It works again. 🙂

Maybe there was left just some leftover from my previous Spotify App on the SD Card and I could have fixed it by just checking the SD Card for that, but problem is fixed. 

Thanks! 🙂

Great stuff. Just check that the cache is going to the ext_sd by making something offline and seeing if data is being created in ext_sd/Android/data/com.spotify.mobile/

If it isn't you may need to reinstall the app just to get the file structure there.

Anyway, glad it's sorted.... I remember when I switched phones once doing exactly the same thing!

Android Troubleshooting:

THANK YOU DANIEL! I was just experiencing this as well. You're advice worked for me as well. I was considering cancelling my subscription because of this. Working well so far, fingers crossed

Hi! Im having the same issue. It just drops after i log in with Facebook. I already tried the clean install, didn´t work. Formated the SD Card, didn´t work. Tried to install it W/O the SD Card and didn´t work either.... can you please help me!! 

I feel so frustrated! 

no dont work

I have the same problem and it is still not working. Can you please help me?

No solution yet samsung s5

Same problem. Please we need a solution here.

For me this don´t solve the problem!
I did everything was in this post and nothing works with me!

Same problem ??

I have the same problem!

Same problem

Suggested posts