Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't sync local files

Can't sync local files

Samsung galaxy sII. I can sync my spotify songs, but i can't sync my files that are local to my desktop.  I have plenty of room on my phone. i deleted all playlists and just tried to sync 4 songs, it only synced the 2 spotify songs, so it's not an issue of space.  it is clearly sycning spotify songs, just not the local files on my computer.  the files local to my desktop show in my playlist both on my desktop and on my mobile, so it can see that it's supposed to sync those. On my mobile they are greyed out though.  i don't have an issue of playlists disappearing, i simply want to sync my other songs that are on my desktop. i keep getting general responses that you don't have enough info...instead of responding to everyone with general follow up questions, please repond to this specific post and tell me what else you need to know, or give me a few ideas on how to solve this. thanks.

13 Replies

Hello.

I have responded to some specfic posts relating to this in the past. We have a search function on the community that is quite good in searching for similar topics that may have been answered in the past.

First of all, try the following - 
* Create a playlist with just the local files you wish to sync on your computer
* Connect your phone to the same Wi-Fi network as your computer
* On your phone, browse to the playlist filled with local files
* Select "Download Playlist". This should start syncing the tracks to your phone.

Airhorn Enthusiast

I have the same problem described above with my Samsung Galaxy Note II.

The solution suggested does not work. What happens is: the list on the phone shows "downloading 0%" and nothing else happens.

I have added the local files on the phone, so they are there. I can play the same local files on my computer. It's as if the phone app just doesn't want to realise they are there. They show up greyed out, just like the previous person reported.

Have you any indication that the Spotify app just does not work for Samsung devices?

Bump!

Have we found a solution for this?
I'm experiencing the same issue with my Motorola Droid RAZR (XT912).
Spotify-hosted tracks sync and stream just fine. When I try to download *local files*, nothing happens.
In addition, my device stopped showing up in the "Devices" list. Nothing works. I've even gone as far as resetting my router and eliminating all other IPs on the network. 

@user-removed wrote:

Bump!

Have we found a solution for this?
I'm experiencing the same issue with my Motorola Droid RAZR (XT912).
Spotify-hosted tracks sync and stream just fine. When I try to download *local files*, nothing happens.
In addition, my device stopped showing up in the "Devices" list. Nothing works. I've even gone as far as resetting my router and eliminating all other IPs on the network. 

I know this sounds extreme, but have you tried changing your WiFi SSID and turning off 802.11n mode? 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

No, but I'll give that a shot tonight.

I'll post the results. I hope we can follow through with this.
This issue is posted all over the forum, but there's no clear cut solution or a cause for that matter. I literally cannot find a solution anywhere to this problem.

Same problem here... cant synch my local files...

The same problem with Galaxy SIII ... no solution??

In win8 i disable the firewall and works ^_^

Bump,

Same problem on my Sony xperia S
Can't sync my local files, stays 0 %download

have we gotten a fix to this? same problem on Galaxy S Slider, Evo 4G and Note 2... turning off firewall or putting spotify firewall exception didnt work either... 

Just wanted to let you know that this TOTALLY WORKED FOR ME and my local files are now syncing to my Droid Bionic.

Thank you very much for your suggestion!

I managed to fix this, at least on my phone / system.

PC - Windows 8.1 Update 1

Phone: HTC OneX

Android Version: 4.0.4

Original Problem:  Any time I tried to make a playlist based on a local file, I would see the 'Waiting to Download Message' indefinitely.  

Fix:  On PC, go Control Panel => System and Security => Windows Firewall.  There is a link for "allow ap through firewall."  When I looked for Spotify on this, I saw two checkboxes, one checked the other not.  Click "change settings" at the top of the screen, and check the empty Spotify checkbox.  Allow it accress through the firewall via private networks.  

On Phone:  canceled all downloads from local files, then restarted them.  Within about thirty seconds the downloads began.  

Obviously, before you do these steps make sure both PC and Android are on the same wifi network, and that your phone wifi is set to "on."  

Hope this helps, worked for me on 4/18/2014

I know this post is not up to date but thank you very much. i had this problem for a long time and now i could finally fix it !! Thank you so much

Suggested posts