Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't turn off Spotify on my Android phone

Solved!

Can't turn off Spotify on my Android phone

How do I turn it off?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Nope, with the majority of mobile apps once the application isn't being used and is in the background the mobile operating system will suspend it for you anyways.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

6 Replies

What do you mean by 'turn it off'? 

You just pause any track you are listening to and then backput to your homescreen. You could also just press the home button and leave it in the background. If you wish t remove it from BG processes then you need to call up your task list and swipe it away.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Thanks.  I guess I'm looking at this the wrong way. It's not a program, like a video player or a game, that needs to be shut down, right?

Marked as solution

Nope, with the majority of mobile apps once the application isn't being used and is in the background the mobile operating system will suspend it for you anyways.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Ah, you're new to Android right?

That's correct, with Android you can leave programs running in the background and the Android system will worry about what gets shut down & when. This allows for multi-tasking and having multiple applications running concurrently without much impact to battery life.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

I too have just started to have this problem on an Android 5.1.
There used to be an x too right of the player which you could touch to shut player down....I guess I 'll just pause and let my phone deal with it?

Matter of opinion as to whether it needs to be off. Mine is that it does. I don't want it starting every time I get in my car and BT connects - I want the phone on BT, but not spotify UNLESS I want it. Not oinly can't I tuen it off, but even if I do connecting to BT starts it and there is no abilty to turn that off. Third party apps don't work if spotify is running in the background. They sometimes stop it starting up at all, but not even that is reliable.

Too many engineers thinking that what they think is right is what everyone wants

Suggested posts