Premium

Country

Sweden

Device

OnePlus 6

Operating System

Android 10

My Question or Issue

I accidentally tapped "enhance" on a public playlist that I don't want to be enhanced. So I tap again to remove the enhancement but next time I check the playlist it is enhanced again. So I have to remove the enhancement again and again and it never sticks. What can I do? 

8 Replies

Hey @anarkira,

Thanks for the post.

Sorry to hear that you're having such an experience with the app.

We'd recommend running a clean reinstall of the app. Please follow the steps from this Spotify Guide exactly, as this will assure that all app data is cleared completely, before reinstalling.

Also, make sure that Battery optimization is not enabled for Spotify from the system app settings, as well as that the app is granted all permissions. These settings could be hindering the performance of the app, since they might be deleting cache files, which store info about Your Library.

Keep us posted on how you get on with this.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Actually I figured out an adequate workaround. It only bugs out like this if I search for the playlist in Search. If I look it up in my library it doesn't have this problem. So that's what I'm gonna do from now on. Thank you for replying though. 

Hi there @anarkira

Thanks for getting back to us and for sharing your workaround 🙂

If you need help with anything else, the Community is here for you.

Cheers!

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hello spotify, 
I accidentally clicked the enhance button to check what it does.
Everytime i opt out this enhance button on this public playlist it works but It always autimatically comes back when i return to the playlist and i will need to opt out again. Why is it? Is it a glitch? Can you please help opt out of this?

Hey @Orieland,

Thanks for the post.

Once you deactivate Enhance, it's supposed to stay that way. 

This issue could be related to corrupted cache. We'd recommend running a clean reinstall of the app. Please follow the steps from this Spotify Guide exactly, as this will assure that all app data is cleared completely, before reinstalling.

Keep us posted on how you get on with this.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I deleted and re-installed the app and am unable to find a button to turn off enhance on one of my playlists.  I continue to get songs added to my playlist.  Awful!

I forgot to ask if someone can help me fix this.  Thank you!

Hey @Goarmy86

Thanks for reaching out about this.

You mentioned that you've already reinstalled the app, but would you mind going through the steps of a clean reinstall, as it's more thorough than a normal one?

If this doesn't do the trick, could you send us a screenshot where we can see the Enhance button on the playlist you mentioned? You can attach it to your next response by using the Insert image option in the post editor. Make sure not to send any private info.

Also, we'd like to know what exactly happens when you tap on it.

Keep us in the loop.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts