Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't turn off lastfm scrobbling

Solved!

Can't turn off lastfm scrobbling

I get notifications telling me that there's an error with my lastfm username or password, but since I don't usr lastfm anymore I try to turn it off in the settings option but it goes back on and it's getting annoying.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hmmm.....you might have discovered a bit of a bug if scrobbling was turned on when you cancelled last.fm. Try a quick reinstall as outlined here and see if that helps. If it doesn't, all I can think of is to create a new last.fm account, enter the details in spotify then turn off scrobbling - hopefully that will stop the error messages and you should then be able to cancel the new last.fm account.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Hmmm.....you might have discovered a bit of a bug if scrobbling was turned on when you cancelled last.fm. Try a quick reinstall as outlined here and see if that helps. If it doesn't, all I can think of is to create a new last.fm account, enter the details in spotify then turn off scrobbling - hopefully that will stop the error messages and you should then be able to cancel the new last.fm account.

So many posts about this in the forum. Reinstalling just to fix this bug is not an acceptable solution. Why should I have to download 15GB of music because of a bug which hasn't been fixed for years?

This might help though - turn off device broadcast status

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/No-way-to-turn-off-LastFM-scrobbling-in-app-It-turns...

I see they closed the bug topic quickly 🙂

Same problem. Very annoying they haven't bothered to fix it.

Suggested posts