Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't turn off "Shuffle play" on my mobile phone

Can't turn off "Shuffle play" on my mobile phone

I live in Norway. I have installed Spotify on my PC and my tablet. I use Spotify for free, and have not upgraded to Premium. On both devices, it works just fine. I have established a playlist. I can play the playlist by selecting where in the playlist to start. Then the succeeding songs in the list are played in the right order.

However, Spotify does not work in the same way om my mobile phone, a Samsung Galaxy J6+. When i try to play my playlist on that device,  I have to use "Shuffle play". What happens then is that a mixture of songs are played in random order; some of them are in the playlist, others are not.

This situation makes the version of Spotify that i have installed om my mobile phone quite useless for me. I want to be able to turn off "Shuffle play" and play my playlist, without any other songs that I have not selected, just as I can on my PC and tablet.

Can someone tell me how I can fix that?

5 Replies

Hey @ooren.

Thanks for posting your question in the Community 🙂

The free version of Spotify on mobile works a bit differently to the desktop version. It used to be the case that all playlists had to be listened to in shuffle mode on mobile, however we made some changes and now you'll see that there are several Spotify playlists that can be listened to on demand.

To learn more about how Spotify free on mobile works, make sure to check out this support article.

Hope that clears things up! Hit us up if you have any other questions 😉

Thank you for the answer. From the answer, I conclude that free Spotify on mobile phone is almost useless for me.

My question is now: If I upgrade to Premium, will I then be able to play any playlist in the right order (as a default), with no Shuffle play involved?

yes once you upgrade from free to premium you'll be able to listen to your songs in what ever order you want.

The mobile free version has far less features than the desktop version.

Thank you. Then I have one more question:

I have three devices where I want to be able to use Spotify: A tablet, a PC and a mobile phone. Do I have to pay separately for Spotify Premium on each of these devices? Or will a single payment from me cover all my devices?

A single premium subscription will allow you to listen to music on any device.

Suggested posts