Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't use Spotify over Vodafone internet in India. The application says no internet connection.

Solved!

Can't use Spotify over Vodafone internet in India. The application says no internet connection.

Premium

Screenshot_20200506-193258_Spotify.jpg

Country

India

Device

Samsung S10+

Operating System

Android

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Just go to settings....sim....vodofone... access point....click add apn at the bottom...there put name as vodofone...apn as portalnmms...save it....go back and BOOM... ur Spotify will work normally...it worked for me....let me know if it works for u guys

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hey folks,

Thank you for your posts!

We see that @Jbj88 proposed steps that have worked for some of you and we marked his answer as an Accepted Solution.

For those of you that tried them out and the issue persists we recommend that you get in touch with Vodafone and ask them for further assistance.

Hope you find this useful and have an awesome day!

View solution in original post

28 Replies

I've been having issues using Spotify on my iPhone 7 over cellular data on the Vodafone network (Gujarat circle). The app gets stuck on Connecting... and doesn't allow me to play anything. Funnily enough, the issue doesn't seem to be a lack of Internet connectivity as all other apps work fine and on Spotify too the splash screens and search work. Various hacks have worked over time but not always. In the past I have deleted cache, logged out, deleted and reinstalled the app and logged back in, which is obviously a pain. I just tried turning Airport mode off and on and it seemed to work 🤞🏼

I want to love Spotify but the apps are often just too buggy and frustrating 🤯 I hope this one gets resolved soon as there are similar complaints dating back to 2014!

I'm having this problem for almost two months I tried doing everything you did. Funny thing, whenever I use Airtel LTE or Jio LTE it would start working and immediately when I switch it back to Vodafone.. BAM! It's back to "no internet connection".

That is bizarre and super frustrating. Try tweeting at @VodafoneIN and tag @spotifyindia and @SpotifyCares. Best of luck!

PS - There is one more thing that I have tried in the past. If you are using Spotify Connect to use speakers/soundbar over WiFi then go back to using the phone as the speaker before you exit the app and are using it next on mobile data. Not sure if it helps but worth a try!

I don't have tweeter but I think the best place to ask this query is Spotify community? I mean what's the purpose of this website if they Spotify Care doesn't see it?

Do you by any chance have Low Power Mode enabled? I just read a thread over at Reddit where a user reported that Spotify might not work over mobile data if Low Power Mode is on.

I had that checked, no it's not on low power mode. 

Just to be sure if internet is the issue, I'd open Spotify and as usual it would say no internet connection available. Then immediately I'd switch to WiFi and it works and again at the same time I'd switch to my data Vodafone and it won't work. I have asked two of my friends from Delhi and Gujarat they say they can't use it as well over Vodafone.

I EXACTLY have the same issue. It works fine with Wifi but sucks with mobile data. And I'm sure it's not a network issue as all other apps work just fine. But in my case, switching the airplane mode back and forth also doesn't seem to help. In the Spotify community, people with the same issue have found a certain APN to be working, but all that is for different service providers. I've no idea what this "ideal APN" for Vodafone to support spotify is, and unfortunately so does the helpline executive. Any more tricks up your sleeves?

•  

I'm helpless with this. Thinking maybe we should take this to tweeter

Even I have the same issue, any update?

Stopped using it now.. 😕

Being in lockdown with a music app that won't work?... nope. 

I've posted the issue on Twitter. Let's hope they look at the issue. Guys, if possible, like it or retweet for better reach. Thanks.

I have the same issue, but I found a solution which works everytime, just go to your settings, network settings, advanced, under APNs select "portalnmms" if it is selectable in your android, some android don't let you select that, I have no idea what to do in that case, but for iphones just go to search "APN for mms" and physically write all the settings of mms, boom your Spotify will work like a charm🐥

Guys found the solution for the vodofone problem

Marked as solution

Just go to settings....sim....vodofone... access point....click add apn at the bottom...there put name as vodofone...apn as portalnmms...save it....go back and BOOM... ur Spotify will work normally...it worked for me....let me know if it works for u guys

Yeah i am also facing the same issue! Please someone provide the solution for this problem

Even I faced this issue for the past few days.Tried contacting Spotify support but they couldn't give a solution. after hours of trial and error I found out that it is carrier issue associated only with Vodafone since their last carrier update. The solution is to turn your 4G VoLTE off ( voice over LTE) In your mobile cellular settings. I dunno where is this setting in Android but it should definitely be there. On iPhone go to settings --> mobile data -->mobile data options -->voice&data --> select 4G,VoLTE Off. This is a workaround solution for now untill Vodafone provides a good carrier update .

Solution that worked for me

I am on Iphone 11 (Ios 13.5.1)

Go to Settings - Mobile Data - Mobile Data Network

Set your APN to portalnmms

Set MMS Max Message Size to 1048576

Set your MMS UA Prof URL to http://www.apple.com/mms/uaprof.rdf

It worked for me, and I hope it works for you too 🙂

Unfortunately, it didn’t. But thank you so much

Thank you so so much..It worked for me!!!!😀😀

Suggested posts