Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Canciones descargadas se vuelven a descargar cada semana

Canciones descargadas se vuelven a descargar cada semana

Plan

Premium

Country

Argentina

Device

Samsung Galaxy S8+

Operating System

Android Oreo

My Question or Issue

Por alguna razón, cada semana se vuelven a descargar todas mis canciones que ya están descargadas en mi Samsug S8 + es muy molesto, porque muchas canciones no están disponibles para ser escuchadas sin conexión.

Las canciones están alojadas en una tarjeta de almacenamiento externo y solo tengo 2 dispositivos fuera de línea.

No tengo una solución en la comunidad, p o eso espero que otro usuario o Spotify pueda darme solucione un problema.

Gracias !!

22 Replies

Hey @tangoletal, help's here.

We hope you don't mind us replying in English. It sounds like something might've happened with your offline devices. We suggest that you remove all your offline devices from your account page and then reinstall the app. Keep in mind that you'll have to download your music for offline listening again. 

Let us know how it goes! 🙂

Hi Jemi, I have as offline only 2 devices: my desktop mac and my Samsung phone. ¿What's wrong with that?.

¿And you suggest me to reinstall the desktop app or the mobile one?

Hey @tangoletal.

Thanks for getting back to us.

There's nothing wrong with that - we're just asking you to remove all offline devices and then readd them, because this can often resolve the issue that you are currently experiencing. Could you give it a go and let us know if it works?

If you could also reinstall the app on both devices (desktop and mobile), that would be great. 

Let us know how you get on! We'll be right here if you have any other queries.

Hi @Peter

I'm working on it. If I get success I'll tell you.

Thanks a lot for your help!!

Hi @peter

I reinstaled the app in my desktop mac and in my Samsung s8+ and all the songs are starting to be re-downloaded again.

I can't stay with htis problem because when I need the dowloaded songs to not to use my mobile data they aren't.

What else coud I do?.

Should I go to another music stream service?.

Thamks!

Hi, Peter or Magie

The problem isn't solved yet. Have an idea please: yesterday the android apk downloaded all the sons and today the same.

Please give some kind o help. I can't stay in Spotify if this problem isn't solved.

Thanks a lot!

Jorge

Hey @tangoletal.

Thanks for getting back to us. Let's see what else we can do.

Just to confirm, are these Spotify files which you have saved for offline listening and which are being stored on your SD card? Or are they local files which you are trying to import to your Spotify library from an external source?

Once we have this information, we'll be able to troubleshoot your issue further.

Thanks! We'll be looking out for your reply so we can get this sorted for you.

Hi Peter

They are Spotify songs stored in my SD card for ofline listening.

Hop we can find the solution, and thanks or you interest!!.

Jorge

Hey @tangoletal.

Thanks for clarifying that for us 🙂

The local files have to be stored on a desktop computer in order for them to appear on your mobile device - it won't work if you have the local files on your mobile.

To find out more about this, make sure to check out this support article, which guides you through the process.

Hope that helps! Let us know if you have any other questions regarding this.

Peter, my problem isn't with the local fles, it's with the spotify songs.

Everyday they continue to download and it's a lot of songs, time and wifi data, I have near 4000 songs downloaded that download again and again.

Please Peter, I have a very good cell (Samsung S8+), I re-installed teh apps both in my desktop mac and the phone but the problem is an everyday problem.

Please Peter, I need a solution

Thanks a lot for your help!

Jorge

Hey @Peter

Hope you are well. Could you find somethong to help me with my problem?. I need a solution.

Yesterday and tody the android apk started to re-download al my spotiy songs twice.

When I need th songs to listen of-line, they aren't and it's an important feature of Spotiy, i it works.

Please Peter, I need a solution from Spotiy as a customer I am.

Hope to hear soon from you.

Thanks!

Hey @tangoletal.

Thanks for getting back to us, and apologies for the delay! We're here to help 🙂

Could you let us know if this is happening to all the songs which are downloaded for offline listening, or only to a selection of them?

In addition, could you let us know if any of these songs are featured in Spotify-curated playlists, e.g. Rap Caviar or Happy Hits?

If so, then bear in mind that these playlists are constantly being updated, so it is possible that, if you have downloaded one of these playlists for offline listening, these songs are also removed from your downloads.

Let us know how you get on. We'll be here if you still need help with this 🙂

Hey @Peter

It happens to all my selected songs to be downloaded for off-line listening. They are playlists created by me, not Spotiy curated playlists.

Thanks Peter for not giving up!.

Hey @tangoletal.

No worries - we'll keep at it 🙂

Could you just confirm for us if your songs are being re-downloaded on your mobile app and your desktop app, or just on mobile? 

Once we have that info, we'll be able to look into this further.

Thanks! 

Hey @Peter

I think thant only in on recent case the songs downloaded on the desktop app were re-downloaded.

All the rest, and you now that it happens almost every day, it re-downlod the downloded songs on the mobile.

Just in case, remember that the first thing I did was to re-install both applications.

Btw, I also have some local files synchronized with my mobile and downloaded on it for off-line listening, but I can't listen to them when I'm outside my wifi area. ¿Why?.

Peter, even we couldn't find a deinitive solution, I appreciate a lot all your efforts.

Thanks a lot!

Hey @tangoletal.

Thanks for your patience with this.

Could you let us know if this is happening only when connecting to a specific Wi-Fi network, or is it also happening when you are on a cellular network?

If it's only happening on your Wi-Fi, it is possible that the issue is related to that network, in which case we would recommend that you try to reset it.

If it's happening irrespective of which network you're on, let us know and we'll see what else we can suggest.

Thanks! Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Hey @Peter

I'm not sure if it happens always in an specific wii area, I'll be looking at it.

¿How can a wifi network interact with specific files of an specific application?

Thaks Peter!!

Hey @tangoletal,

Just wanted to check in with you and see if trying another network worked for you?

The reason is that sometimes a network can have a weak connection, or in any case there might be something wrong with it which prevents Spotify from carrying certain functions out currectly (such as downloading songs to your device).

If Spotify works normally on one network but not another, then it is possible that something is wrong with the second network and that that is where the issue is, rather than with the Spotify app itself.

Hope that clears things up! Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Hey @Peter

As far as I know my network work ok. I did a test over it with an important software, TechTool 9 for mac and the netork test was fine.

Also, I have no other kind of problem that points to the network.

After all this time we are traying to find a solution, isn't time to consider i is something wrong with the application?.

By the way, some days ago I posted something about local files but nobody answered. Maybe you can take a look 🙂

The link is https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/Canciones-descargadas-se-vuelven-a-descargar-cada-semana/m-...

Many thanks Petert

Suggested posts