Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot Find Podcast Feature

Cannot Find Podcast Feature

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Sri Lanka

Device

Samsung S7 edge

Operating System

Android Oreo

My Question or Issue

Today itself we got the Spotify facility to our country. But I cannot find the Podcast feature on my Spotify free Account.

27 Replies

Hey there @jarves_sl

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

Currently, this feature is not available in your market.

However, we appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us and will make sure to pass it onto the right team, as we always strive to improve your experience.

If you have any questions, just let us know.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

โ€œMusic acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.โ€โ€“ Maria von Trapp

Me too

Hi I am an avid user of Spotify and used it the podcast feature quite a bit before.

Why is the podcast feature not available in Sri Lanka? I think this is just as important if not more given the great content available. When will this rollout?

It's disappointing to see, since I had a dependency on it and now I don't have it....

Hi there @thisisanaz,

Thank you for your post and feedback.

We want all the worldโ€™s podcasts on Spotify, but availability can vary over time and between countries, depending on the permissions from rights holders.

We add new content to Spotify every day, so if you canโ€™t find something youโ€™re looking for right now, it may appear soon.

In this case we suggest that you always keep your app up to date.

Let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music ๐Ÿ™‚

I have a premium account, still I donโ€™t unable to see podcasts in my account.

Hey @Udara0072,

Thanks for the post.

As @Jeremy has said Podcasts are not available in Sri Lanka.

Hope this info helps.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Availability of individual podcasts may vary over time, but that doesn't explain why Spotify doesn't provide the feature at all.

There are podcast publishers who have made their podcasts available here on several other platforms. I don't see why the same podcasts can't be available through Spotify.

Also since Spotify has bought exclusive rights to some podcasts, there's now no legal way to access podcasts that were available to us elsewhere on the Internet a few years ago.

Iโ€™m a premium user for a long time and couldnโ€™t get any single update about it. I should leave spotify since the donโ€™t have good materials. 

Hey there @Jiyath,

Thanks for the post. 

Can you let us know the country of your account? We'll check if podcasts are available there.

Cheers.

AlexModerator

Sri Lanka ๐Ÿ‡ฑ๐Ÿ‡ฐ 

Hey there @Udara0072,

Thanks for the post.

Podcasts are currently not available in Sri Lanka. Our content teams are doing their best to deliver the full Spotify Library to every country, however this depends largely on local laws and rights permissions and it's not always entirely up to Spotify.

We don't have an official date when podcasts will be made available in Sri Lanka.

Hope this info clears things up.

AlexModerator

Why can't we get podcasts in Sri Lanka? Now I've been waiting for this for over a year now. Still we can't watch podcasts on this platform. I've been a Joe Rogan fan for years and since he moved to your platform I can't watch them anymore. Please do something about this. I know this is a 3rd world country. But that doesn't mean we are simpletons here. If you bought the rights for the podcast, isn't it your responsibility to make sure those who need to watch it get access to it?

It's been a while since Spotify launched in Sri Lanka but, yet we are waiting for the Podcast... Any updates on this

Hey folks,

Thanks for your replies in this thread ๐Ÿ™‚

We don't have any more info to share about this at the moment. However, you can stay up to date here. There you can find Spotify news and new launches on the app. 

We hope you find this helpful. We're always here to help.

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

This sucks... but will do for now:

I made a new account but with the account instead of the location in sri lanka I put it in US (and plus for an extra measure, I put the VPN to be located to US). I finally got back my podcasts but it is a new account so any liked music from the old account will not be there (so basically like starting from scratch). (I think you could do this with your original account but at this point I was frustrated so i just made a new account).

Spotify, I really do hope we do not have to go through such measures to access podcasts, please make it available to Sri Lankans as soon as possible!

I wanted to do the same. But then if you are using a paid account it is not possible. 

look at the date its 2023 now. when you are going to fix this podcast problem?

We are at 2023 now and still you guys haven't rolled out the podcast feature for Sri Lanka. When can you enable this to the Sri Lankans?

We need podcast feature here in Sri Lanka !!!!!

Suggested posts