Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot Log In with Facebook account

Cannot Log In with Facebook account

Hello,

Today I have Loged Out of my account on the Spotify Mobile and after that I cannot Log In back.

When I tap on Log In with Facebook accout, for couple of secs I am redirected to the next "slide" and then back to the Log In view, what can I do about it? 

Just in case I've already restarted my mobile.

I have created another regular account to register to the forum.

Thanx

13 Replies

Is the Facebook application on your phone up to date?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Yes, all Auto Updates are on, I'm Logged In all the time. 

Hi. Silly question but do you normally use a facebook login or your spotify username and password?

Haha, I love your style Joe 😉

Yeah, I do use usually Facebook to Log In to Spotify 🙂 

Also re-installed the App, situation is still the same, though I had issues installing the app, got multiple times the error that the file is corrupted.

Any ideas?  

This was the spotify app from Google Play? What was giving the error message and any chance of a screenshot? What device are you using and which android version?

Spotify donwloaded through Google Play, Android 4.04, ZTE Grand X Pro, cannot get a screenshot since after several attempts I managed to install the app once again, the error was: Installatin failed, Corrupted file.

But forget that, still can't Log In with the Facebook account. 

The corrupt file messages are a puzzle. Could you check in the android settings/storage and let me know how much free space is left in RAM and internal storage. Can you also confirm that the facebook app works for you - you can log into your account normally on the phone?

RAM occupied on 59%, available internal storage 52MB.

The Facebook app works just fine.

"available internal storage 52MB"

That's really not enough for anything and is probably why you were getting installation errors. You need to uninstall a bunch of apps if that figure is right.

Ok, I uninstalled the app, and installed it on the Phone Storage with 1.88GB available, got no error during the installation, all fine, but still cannot Log In through my Facebook account. 

Do you have two step authentication or login verification active on Facebook?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Ok, this is me again - Anaida, but finally through my Facebook account.

The solution, or more like workaround:

1. Logged in through my Lap Top on spotify with the Facebook account

2. Created a specific numeric username and a password to be able to log in through any device

3. Used those credentials to Log In through my mobile.

Although, there should be no issue to Log In directly using the FB account... so yeah, that's weird.

Suggested posts