Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot Share Music Via Spotify Anymore

Cannot Share Music Via Spotify Anymore

So for the longest time, I could see a song I liked, choose share, then type the name of my friend in to send them the song through the Spotify messaging system.

I can't do that anymore. 

When I find a song I like and hit share, my Samsung Galaxy S5 pops up with a screen asking "Share Using..." This has a bunch of my apps listed like twitter, facebook, fb messenger, messages, email but it doesn't have Spotify on there. I can't find a way to send a song viz Spotify to anyone from mobile.

To clarify: the internal Spotify "Post to Followers" and "Send To..." pop-up never appears.

This has never been a problem before so I don't know what caused it but any help would be appreciated. 

25 Replies

Hi @Mxaos,

Unfortunately, as inbox was removed, there is no way to share songs with a Spotify user inside Spotify.
You may copy the link and share it via G+ or directly post it to Twitter.

You can also help us voting to ask the developers to bring back the inbox messaging in the next link:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Social-Bring-back-Inbox-Messaging-with-notifications/idi...

Once they see this was a useful feature, they will surely add it back giving it a shine up!
Let me know if this was usefull, and if so, please click on the "Accept as Solution" button to help other customers with the same issue.
Currently, I may not be a Spotify employee...
"but someday I'll be Saturday Night!"
😉

I hate facebook and would MUCH rather just share with spotify.

I did hope that Spotify could have brought back this feature: indeed, they published a poll here ([Social] Bring back Inbox/Messaging with notifications) and when I voted there was around 2K requests.

But I see today that the poll has been defintively closed and the request rejected.

Really sad.

Regards

It has been unuseful 😞 ... Request rejected

bye

Don't worry folks, in the "case closed" message it says that they are developing new ways to share music and that they will consider our comments as part of the feedback.
So, let's keep an eye on the News blog!

And Keep on Rockin'

\m/_
Let me know if this was usefull, and if so, please click on the "Accept as Solution" button to help other customers with the same issue.
😉

Hi everyone!
I came back just to add that there's an idea to make Spotify more social, so I guess this may resolve the problem of sharing music vía the same app.

If you like it too, please add your vote in the following link:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Social-Make-Spotify-a-Standalone-Social-Network/idc-p/16...

_\m/
😉

Suggested posts