Cannot Shuffle Offline Music on Samsung Galaxy Watch

Plan

Premium

Country

USA 

Device

(Samsung Galaxy Watch)

My Question or Issue

My primary reason for buying a Samsung Galaxy Watch was how much it markets being able to play Spotify offline hassle free. That is by far the case. The app is super glitchy and works horrible. I finally figured how to at least get it to function how i'd like, but Shuffle still doesn't work on downloaded offline music (only works when connected to WiFi). Such a minor feature, how is it not available? Even when I hit 'Shuffle All,' it will pick a random song on a playlist, but then it just starts back over again at the top of the list. This is an extremely frustrating feature on top of the other work arounds you need to do to even make the app function as advertised. 

29 Replies

I'm starting to think that this is actually a feature (Spotify on Tizen, now able to play all the songs in one specific order!) to revolutionize wearable music libraries! If you have such difficulty implementing a shuffle-feature, how come you have gained this kind of market share anyway?

Update

just update watch app to 2.1.8 version

it seems that shuffle mode works offline

Please verify

YES!!! It finally works (not sure why I'm so excited about a basic feature that should've been there from the start...) 

Hi

In my case downloaded songs will not play. Whether I use shuffle play or not.

Clicking on a song will take me to the play screen, show me the title and album cover of a song previously played and nothing happens. 

I tried to go out without phone / connection but music offline not play... message is "please check your connection"

Anyone have updates?

All you need to do is use a galaxy watch with spotify. Download a playlist(any size)  then try to use shuffle offline. It does not shuffle. It only plays songs in order .  You dont need a better description. It's pretty straight forward. 

This is the most frustrating thing by far. Granted the watch looks great and if you want to listen to your offline playlist in order from the top it’s also great...but we are not insane.  We need the shuffle. Are you working on this?  And if you know that it doesn’t work and it is programmed to not shuffle, then please stop saying to reinstall the app; you know it doesn’t work and your SOP is garbage.  Fix this ASAP. 

Can somebody tell me if the problem has been fixed in the meantime? Is there a "real" shuffle?

All, I just posted this as an idea submission to Spotify. To get it considered, we need some 50+ votes. Could you please all support this and vote here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Idea-Submissions/Android-Playlists-Offline-Shuffle-support-for-Sams...

So I replied to this comment 3 years ago and then heard absolutely nothing beyond that. I've also put in a query to Samsung now because maybe they can fix this issue. I don't understand why this is nearly 5 years that a constant issue has not been fixed. 

Suggested posts