Premium

Country

Czech Republic

Device

Moto G5

Operating System

Android Oreo

My Question or Issue

It's now been at least a month that I have not been able to download any albums at all. I can visit the album and click the Download button, the download button slides to the right and is lit to green, signalising that the album is downloaded, but nothing happens. The individual songs should start downloading and all the songs should also have a green note reporting that they are downloaded. When I move out of the album and move back into the album, the Download button is grey again. It's impossible to download any album. However, I found that I can create a new playlist, add the album into the playlist, and then download the playlist in the very same way - but here it actually works and the songs start downloading. I've reinstalled the app but I suppose leftover files remained because when I installed again, I was already logged in. Issue persists.

Spotify download.png
Spotify download 2.png
3 Replies

I have now attempted to do 2 full clean installs and I am not able to perform it as according to the guide - https://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Answers/How-can-I-perform-a-clean-reinstall-of-the-app/ta-p...

There is no folder to remove, I have searched also for 'spotify' and there are no folders to be deleted. I performed full uninstalls, cache and registry cleanings through cleaner apps, yet every time I install again, Spotify is logged in already and this issue persists.

Hey @akaforty_1,

Thanks for reaching out and for the troubleshooting you've done so far.

Could you let us know if the issue persists when you log in with a friend or family members account? Also are you able to download album when logged in on a different device? Knowing this would help us determine if the root cause for this behavior lies with the device or with your account. We'd also appreciate it if you share the exact Spotify version you're running.

Keep us posted. We’ll keep an eye out for your reply.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Mihail,

Two days after I made this post and attempted the 'clean uninstalls' where my issue persisted, the album downloads started to work again - after around 3 months of them not working! I'm not sure if the reinstalls worked, but something did. I can now finally download albums again.

Suggested posts