Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot listen to local files on my smartphone(samsung galaxy s3 mini)

Cannot listen to local files on my smartphone(samsung galaxy s3 mini)

Hey there Spotify-Community!

I actually need some help and I will appreciate if somebody responds to my question. 😉

(Sorry for bad english by the way - I am german :/)

My Issue: I have like 50 local files (songs obviously) on my computer and would like to listen to them on my phone, but it does not work. They do not sync. On my computer there is no problem. But on my phone it always says "This song is not avaiable". A few weeks ago everything worked out pretty well. As soon as I started Spotify on my computer(windows 7) and on my phone, my phone downloaded the local files from my computer and i could listen to them at anytime. Now it does not work anymore. I tried a lot to fix the problem but nothing worked out. I checked internet connection, reinstalled spotify on my phone, connected phone and computer, made sure that i have enough memory to save the files, and always tabbed on the button "offline available" but it always says "waiting for download" or something like that. Seems like Spotify just refuses to download the local files. Everything else works, can listen to charts download songs and stuff but it does not wanna load the freaking LOCAL FILES. 😞 

I hope there is someone out there who can fix the problem. Otherwise I am just gonna cancel my spotify subscriptiom, cause i want these local files additional to the other songs in my spotify playlist.

2 Replies

I have the same problem. One day i have all the musics that i want. The other day, i change the phone and i cannot listen or dl anymore. Spotify doesnt give a **bleep** to the consumer. Ridiculous. Not even a email to discuss. Risiculous.

This is the same problem I am having.  I linked my Local Files that are on my computer to the Spotify App on the computer, then I connected the Spotify Apps on my computer and on my phone, but on the phone I cannot access the Local Files.  Very frustrating.

Suggested posts