Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot login on Spotify for Android

Solved!

Cannot login on Spotify for Android

I recently uninstalled Spotify off my Galaxy S5 as a fix for my new playlists not appearing on my phone. I tried to login to Spoitfy after I reinstalled Spotify and whether I pick login in via Facebook or with other login details I keep getting put into an infinite login loop, where it never actually logs in.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @silvasconcel.

From your PC, please go to this URL and make a note of the user name shown (don't do anything else there).

If your user name is a 12 digit number, your account is linked to facebook and you should log in using the facebook option.

Otherwise, log in using the user name you noted earlier and your password.

Let me know if you still have problems.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

I have the same problem! I tried removing the SD card and reinstall all that, but nothing works! 😮

i got the same problem too.
since i´ve got a new sim card i can´t login to spotify anymore, ive tried everything. but now i really don´t know what to do please anybody help

I'm having the same problem both on my samsung tablet and my samsung s6 phone. It appears that I can login and play music when I'm on 4g but not when using wifi.

This is a problem I've noticed since the last update (the one where they changed their icon).

I've tried to uninstall and reinstall on moth devices without any luck.

I have never try to use the Spotify app on my Android (6.0.1 on ASUS ZE551ML) until this date. Every attempt to login I've got it an error message: "Incorrect user name or password". Even with my iPad Mini I received the same message. However I can login with the same user name and password in my Desktop computer.
I did uninstaled the app and reinstal it. I did also remove the SD card. And I did tryed to connect via 4G. All the attempts on my mobile devices failed. What could be the next step?

Marked as solution

Hi @silvasconcel.

From your PC, please go to this URL and make a note of the user name shown (don't do anything else there).

If your user name is a 12 digit number, your account is linked to facebook and you should log in using the facebook option.

Otherwise, log in using the user name you noted earlier and your password.

Let me know if you still have problems.

The first step is the most delicate moment and I was distracted for it. I insisted on using my email to login. It was in my face and I did not see it. Thank you so much for your help, @Joe.

Trying to log in with an email address seems a pretty common mistake. A more helpful error message would make life easier. Glad we got you logged in 🙂

Suggested posts