Plan

Premium

Country

Hungary

Device

Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 

Operating System

Android 12

I have read numerous forums about login issues. I have (had) different kinds of Huawei, Iphone gadgets and I have never had any issues logginng in to spotify. I can login to the Spotify web, but the app is keep spinning and later says "Something went wrong, please try again later." I have reinstalled Android and Spotify as well, so don't advice to do it again.  Please advice something useful other than get rid of Samsung or forget Spotify.

My Question or Issue

26 Replies

Alex

Hey @szemokarpad,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

It must be tough not being able to log in on your phone.

You can try the following:

1) Go to your Android Settings.
2) Click on App Settings (this may vary from vendor to vendor as to where you may find it)
3) Look for Spotify and click on it.
4) Click on Storage option.
5) Select "Clear Data" and "Clear Cache".

And make sure that there no duplicate Spotify apps. Sometimes this can happen on Samsung phones, as one app is preinstalled on the phone. This can cause similar issues, as some app files get left over even after reinstalling.

Since you say that you've reinstalled your phone's Android, the issue might be account or network related. To rule these possibilities out could you try logging in with another account, like a free account for test purposes. And try logging is while connected to another network.

Keep us posted on this, we'll do our best to help.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

szemokarpad

No duplicate apps. I did the cearing. Did not help. I also tried to creat new (free) account. Same result. 😞

Eni

Hey there @szemokarpad

Thanks for getting back to us. 

Could you let us know if you're using an SD card? If so, we suggest that you remove it > restart your phone > perform a clean reinstall of the app > check if that makes the difference.

On another note, just to confirm, have you tried using a different internet connection? This would help us know if the issue is network-related. 

Keep us in the loop.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

szemokarpad
I dont have SD card. And I have reinstalled several times.

Eni

Hi there @szemokarpad,

Thanks for that info.

Remember to try with a different connection, such as another Wi-Fi network or mobile data and let us know if the issue persists, so we can check if this is network related.

We'll be waiting for your reply.

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

SurajR

Hi,

I have the same problem. Unable to login with my gmail account. Trying to login via link (sent to mail) doesn't work as well. Any solution for this problem?

szemokarpad

After an Android/Samsung update it has been resolved. I haven't done anything.

Jeremy

Hi there folks,

Thank you for your replies in this thread.

@szemokarpad - We're super glad to see that everything works as it should for you again 🙂

@SurajR - can you let us know if you tried the troubleshooting steps that's been provided in the thread? We also suggest that you make sure that there's no pending OS updates.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

PranjalSaini
Hey, I'm having the same issue as people on the thread have had. I got a Samsung S20 FE, it runs on android 12. Spotify is not logging in, no matter what i do. I've performed a clean reinstall, checked my internet connection (it's fine btw), tried to log in via link viz sent in my mail, i even tried to login on spotify lite and it just won't do it, basically I've tried everything i could find on the internet. nothing seems to be solving the issue.and i am able to login on all of my devices without any issue.. and i could really use your help to try and log in on this one.

Dian

Hey @PranjalSaini,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

What kind of an internet connection are you using on your phone? Is it a WiFi network or a mobile data one? Do you mind switching between the two and see if it works? If it does, it is possible, that your Spotify network access is limited through the settings on the phone. Make sure to check them.

Could you also describe in little more detail the error you're getting during the login attempt?

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator

PranjalSaini

Hey Dian,

I have tried logging in with both WiFi and Mobile Data but it doesn't seem to be working. After I enter my password, It just loads for a while and then says.. 'Something went wrong, please try again later.' If i try again for a couple of times, it just ends up asking me whether I'd like to login via a link sent in my email, which doesn't work either. The link loads for a while and then says that 'The link has been expired.'

If I try it on Spotify lite however, it logs in automatically (thanks to the saved password lol) and i can see all my playlists, liked songs and everything.  However if I try and open the playlist, it keeps on loading and says 'This took longer than we expected...'

What else can I try and do?

Thanks.

Eni

Hey there @PranjalSaini

Thanks for your reply. 

Could you let us know if you're using an SD card? If so, make sure to remove it > restart your phone > reinstall the app and check if it makes the difference.

If the issue persists afterwards, we'd like to know if this started happening after a specific event such as an update either of Spotify or the OS of your phone. 

We'll be on the lookout.

EniModerator

PranjalSaini

Hey Eni,

No, i don't use a SD card. I've tried reinstalling the app multiple times anyways.. and it doesn't seem to be causing a difference.

Well, I just bought the phone recently and I've been having trouble logging in ever since on it. The phone's software is updated (it's running on Android 12 with One UI 4.1). 

Eni

Hey there @PranjalSaini

Thanks for getting back to us. 

If a clean reinstall didn't do the trick, there're also a few other things we can try. Can you make sure that Spotify has all necessary permissions enabled?

1. Open your Settings menu.
  2. Scroll to the bottom to find Spotify and open the app settings.
  3. Enable everything you see.

It's also a good idea to exclude the app from any Battery optimization software that might be active on your smartphone.

If the issue persists after following these steps, would you mind asking a friend or a relative to try to log in to their account in your phone to see if the issue persists with a different account?

We'll be waiting for your reply.

EniModerator

rahulraj90

Hey there!

I'm also facing exact same issue.

I reached out to the support and they keep looping me over deleting the app cache, reinstalling the app, try from different device etc. Now it is evident that it is not the ISP who is the culprit, since I'm from a different ISP provider and I also have the same issue. 

OscarDC

Hey @rahulraj90,

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community.

To keep investigating this case, would you mind to confirm if you already double checked the permissions and Battery saver options mentioned previously by @Eni?

If so, would you mind including in your next reply the OS version and Spotify version you're currently running on your device? With this, we can take a better look at your issue.

We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator

rahulraj90

@OscarDC
Note that the web player is working just fine. Issue is only for the android app.

Model Name: Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G
Model: SM-G998B/DS
Android version: 12

This issue was not there earlier. Issue started recently after installing updates (It was working well around 1 month back, not sure about the exact update though)

Alex

Hey there @rahulraj90,

Thanks for the reply and the info.

Can you let us know what method you're using to log in to your Spotify app - email and passwords/ Google/ Facebook?

It might be useful to try and link your Spotify account to your Samsung account as described here. If you still can't log in after that, unlink the accounts and try again.

Let us know if that made any difference.

AlexModerator

rahulraj90

@Alex
Both email/password method and login without password tried. In both cases it freezes and never login.

The reference you gave to link spotify with samsung account -- I need to login to spotify first which is not working anyway.

Suggested posts

Env: prod