Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot play songs non-stop from my playlist. Freezes after playing 2 songs ( Samsung galaxy S7 edge)

Cannot play songs non-stop from my playlist. Freezes after playing 2 songs ( Samsung galaxy S7 edge)

Hi,

I have been using spotify on a samsung galaxy S4 without any issues. Now, I just upgraded my phone to a samsung galaxy s7 edge and I am running into this issue. My playlist does not play non-stop. For some reason it will stop playing after playing the first and second song in my playlist then will not play the third song. For me to get the third song to play, I will have to unlock my phone then go to spotify then it starts playing automatically. I dont have to hit the play button. Once the phone unlocks you will see spotify go to the next track and starts to play the song. I have uninstalled spotify twice fiddled with all kinds of setting but  I am still getting the same result. I never had this problem with my S4. On my S4, it will play the whole song on my playlist back to back while my phone is locked without any issue. 

This is so annoying! 

Does someone with a galaxy s7 edge running into the same issue?

Spotify app version is 4.8.0.1004

Android 6.0.1

Spotify premium 

Thanks 

2 Replies

Seems to be an issue with tracks pausing after some time or after a few tracks have played. This is a known issue (just search the forums) and we're hoping for a fix in the next release.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Similar issue. Some songs will stop in the middle of playing. Even when directing on my pc and listening on the phone. I can skip past the stop on my pc and it then will continue playing.

I also have a s4 and all is fine with that device. Only problem with the s7 edge.

Suggested posts