Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot select Explicit songs while streaming to Chromcast

Cannot select Explicit songs while streaming to Chromcast

I couldn't see any other threads about this but I am unable to select explicit songs on my phone when streaming to my Chromecast. It will play explicit songs randomly through the playlist but I cannot select them. If I disconnect, I can choose an explicit song and start playing it but when I reconnect it skips to the next song. I have tried restarting my phone, looked for 18+ settings in both apps, googled solutions and even reinstalled the app but it still won't work. Anyone else have the same problem? Can this be fixed?
3 Replies

I am having exactly the same issue, and it is really annoying since it affects a lot of songs on my playlists. I can add that it also doesn't work on my Raumfeld Speakers and FireTV Stick. Couldn't find any solution yet to fix this, I assume this is a gerneral Spotify problem.

I've since worked out it is not simply explicit songs it's a variety of different songs in a playlist that won't play when streaming to my chromecast.

I just checked again and everything is working now. All songs which were skipped yesterday are now playing fine. But really strange, I have never had this before.

Suggested posts