Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot sync All my music for offline listening in one tap via All Songs

Cannot sync All my music for offline listening in one tap via All Songs

I've seen a number of references to this feature, such as:

http://lifehacker.com/spotify-can-now-sync-all-your-music-for-offline-listeni-1584793314

Even Spotify support told me via email this was true, only last week !!!

So what's happening????

I have (when it works, which is rare) about 2500 tunes in a number of playlists. But when I go to Songs (All Songs) I have about 30 tracks.

So I still need to go to every single playlist one at a time and select download to get working offline.

Maybe this is linked to my other problem:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Android/Playlists-partially-resync-every-time-i-open-spotify/m...

Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini

Spotify = 4.4.0.1008

Android = 4.4.2

2 Replies

The first time that you save an album or playlist, you do have to flip the slider to ' Available Offline '. Simply saving or following does not initiate the download process. And of course you have to be connected to a network and allow time for download.

But once downloaded, they should be permanently on your device.

I also have the problem in your other post, regarding tracks that un-download and so have to be re-downloaded. Like you, it is intermittent and can be a few tracks or many (a couple of weeks ago, all my albums un-downloaded overnight (but playlists untouched) so I had to re-download 1000 tracks). I am not holding my breath for Spotify to fix it........

No, I don't understand what you mean or you misunderstood my first post.

I've been told that all your tunes can be downloaded for offline access in one go, by going to All Songs and sliding to 'available offline', rather than going to every playlist and selecting download.

So I would expect to see 2500 tunes in the All Songs folder.

But in fact I see about 30. When I do slide the switch to download, I get 30 tunes available offline, not 2500. After that it stops. It does not carry on downloading 2500 tunes. It only downloads what is in the All Songs folder/view. 

Suggested posts