Premium

Country

Lithuania

Device

Samsung Galaxy J5 (SM-J510FN)

Operating System

Android Nougat

My Question or Issue

Whenever I open the Search tab on my phone it shows an error saying 'Sorry, something went wrong. That didn't work. Please have another go'. Same goes for when I try to open an album. Everything else works ok, I am online, Spotify is updated, I had reinstalled the app.

Screenshot_20190314-074507.jpg
8 Replies

Hey there @Krycer,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community!

We'd suggest to follow the steps below instead for a clean reinstall:

1. Head here and click Remove all devices
  2. Go to your Spotify settings, scroll down to Storage and then clear the cache
  3. From the Android home screen, tap Settings > Apps
  4. Find Spotify in your list of apps, tap it and clear the cache and data. Then select Uninstall.
  5. Switch your device off and wait a couple minutes.
  6. Switch your device back on.
  7. Open the Google Play Store then search for and install the Spotify Music app.

If that doesn't do the trick, we'd suggest connecting to a different network connection (from 3G/4G to WiFi, for example) to see if the issue persists. If it works with another connection, we recommend contacting the service provider of the original network for more information.

Let us know how you get on 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Hey @gianlucadr.

Thanks for posting that thread!

That issue is only for users in Italy - @Krycer mentions they are in Lithuania.

Thanks anyway 🙂

Hey, unfortunetely none of these steps helped and the problem still persists. @Katerina 

Hey @Krycer.

Thanks for getting back to us.

We're you able to try a different network? If that didn't help, could you please try a friend or family members account so we can find out if this is account related.

Let us know what you can find. Have a nice day!

Hello,
This problem is not related to network - I tried both wifi and data. No
other members of the family experience the issue.

Hey @Krycer.

Thanks for getting back to us.

Could you try one last thing for us and ask one of your family members to log in to their account on your device?

This will help us to determine whether there is an issue specific to either your device or your account.

Thanks! We'll be looking out for your reply.

Update: I haven't gotten around to the account switch check, but what I did find out was that even when I saved a few songs on the Spotify app for PC's, the songs don't appear in my mobile library.

Suggested posts