Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cant download using cellular about to cancel spotify

Cant download using cellular about to cancel spotify

When I toggle on or off download using cellular nothing works or downloads. I have gone through many forums on here trying to solve. My phone is NOT dual SIM, one SIM card. Ive tried factory reset, removing app and sd card and restarting it all,  ive tried keeping the sd card both in and out.

If there is anyone that can help asap great, if I cant find out how to do this by tomorrow I'm considering it wasted time and money and removing an app that has functions I'm paying for that dont work

1 Reply

Hey there @Byrnem94,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community!

First, we'd suggest heading here and check how many devices you see registered for offline use. If you see your device listed more than once, kindly make sure to click "Remove all devices".

Keep in mind that you can only download music and podcasts to a maximum of 5 separate devices. If you have more than 5 devices listed, it would explain why you're having troubles downloading content.

Once you've done so, we'd suggest to follow the steps below one more time to reinstall the app:

1. Go to your Spotify settings, scroll down to Storage and then clear the cache
  2. From the Android home screen, tap Settings > Apps
  3. Find Spotify in your list of apps, tap it and clear the cache and data. Then select Uninstall.
  4. Switch your device off and wait a couple minutes
  5. Switch your device back on
  6. Open the Google Play Store then search for and install the Spotify Music app

Let us know how it goes 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts