Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cant log in.

Solved!

Cant log in.

Hi.

Ok so I've come across an annoying problem. When I try to sync my playlists on  my phone (HTC One X), even tho I'm connected through wi-fi, spotify tells me theres no internet connection. So I try to go offline mode and back, still nothing. Then I tried logging out, which led to that I cant even log back in. If I try through Facebook, it just keep loading unlimited. And with my spotify account name it only says "have you forgotten your username or password?".

With that said. I deleted the app and re-installed it. The syncing went fine until it suddenly stopped again. Same problem. So now I've stupidly logged out again, and I really dont wanna spend two hours again syncing my playlists.

Any thoughts? Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Okey wtf. Just as I was typing this, I somehow managed to log back in. Been trying for two days now. Heh, well now its continuing to sync so I guess the problems solved by itself. Thanks anyway for your effort, both of you 🙂 Have a nice weekend!

View solution in original post

12 Replies

Odd enough. So this happens every now and then that it refuses to log back in? Have you checked the device wifi settings etc. that the device doesn't put the wifi or data connections to "sleep" and then it doesn't get asked to be connected again? Have you tried it via 3G or such? I understand you have old style credentials and not the facebook style. If so, don't log in via facebook, since it would create a duplicated account with it. Stick with your spotify style credentials.

IDEAS: Device Management | Recover Deleted Items

Please! Give "Kudos" to posts that you found helpful. Mark "Accept as Solution" if a post solved your issue!. Thank you!

Thanks for replying!

I have tried to go through 3G also but its the same problem. My WI-FI works on everything else except Spotify. Of course I've managed to log in through Facebook some time in the past, maybe thats the problem, that my accounts are duplicated or something. Hope a moderator will reply 🙂

I'll escalate this to the staff and hopefully they have something aces in their sleeves.

Please! Give "Kudos" to posts that you found helpful. Mark "Accept as Solution" if a post solved your issue!. Thank you!

Hey christoferj, sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue.

It's a strange issue indeed, my gut says it's some kind of connection issue but I'm not clear why only Spotify would be affected. 

What version of app are you using? Everything's up to date, right? Maybe give it a reinstall anyway, just to be double sure.

In terms of troubleshooting, I'd try logging in with a different account if possible. Or with the same account over a different network. This way we can narrow down where the problem lies.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

Hey Richard, thanks for replying. Yeah its a strange and annoying problem.

The application should be up to date yes, at least I'm not able to update through play store. I guess I'll try to reinstall, AGAIN. I've tried both 3G and wifi other places and its still the same. Should probably mention that when I'm trying to log in with my spotify account, after pressing log in, its just saying logging in for like halv a second or so.

Marked as solution

Okey wtf. Just as I was typing this, I somehow managed to log back in. Been trying for two days now. Heh, well now its continuing to sync so I guess the problems solved by itself. Thanks anyway for your effort, both of you 🙂 Have a nice weekend!

Sounds like it was a glitch in the cache or such where the userdata is located or such. Be sure to report back if you experience this again.

Thanks for the update! As neo-x says, get back to us if you have any further Spotify weirdness.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

@christoferj wrote:

I'll go ahead and mark this as solved.

Hopefully this works a-OK for longer.

Hello!

Well, I did experience the same issue, unfortunately even twice. As I wanted to start synching, my phone did't even appear on the panel. So after couple of attempts, using various methods, I uninstalled and then installed spotify on my Sony Xperia U. After that I couldn't log in anymore, so I cleared the Cache and tried it again. It still won't let me log in. There isn't even an error code appearing it just shows the playlists for like 0.5 sec and then you're on the login page again.

Please help! 😞

Hi,

I have the same problem and can't log in on my android-Phone (HTC) any more. I even uninstalled Spotify, cleared the chache, restarted the phone and reinstalled spotify...

it does not work.

WHAT DID YOU DO ?? I STILL CANT LOG IN ...IT KNOWS WHO I AM BUT WONT LET ME GET TO OR PLAY ANYTHING. I WONDER IF THIS IS WHAT THEY DO TO GET YOU TO GET THE UPGRADE. I WAS LIKE YOUN ALL O A SUDDEN IT JUST LET ME LOGIN THE ATWO WEEKS OR SO LATER DOWN AGAIN.

Suggested posts