Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cant search songs

Cant search songs

My Question or Issue

Every time i go to a playlist and click on add songs and go to search for one, the search bar closes and goes back to the playlist cover. I can search for a song and add it to a playlist from the home page but it doesnt actually get added. Also, sometimes a playlist will just stop and when i try to play it again it says song not available. I uninstalled it and restarted my phone and still didnt work please help.

3 Replies

Hello @Trishapt2 and welcome to the Spotify Community 🙂

Can you try a clean reinstall on your device by following the steps in the link. And also your problem with song stopping seems to be related to this. You can track the process of investigation from there. Hope this helps.

Have a nice day 🙂

Thank you, but it still happens everytime i try to search.

Hey @Trishapt2.

Thanks for getting back to us, and apologies for the late reply! We'll be glad to help you out if you're still having trouble with this.

In general, we would ask you to create a separate thread for each issue that you are experiencing. This way, other members of the Community experiencing similar issues will be able to find the relevant threads more easily. As an exception, we will be happy to answer all your questions here 🙂

1) "Every time i go to a playlist and click on add songs and go to search for one, the search bar closes and goes back to the playlist cover."

Just to confirm, is this happening on the mobile version of the app? If so, does a clean reinstall do the trick for you? If not, let us know and we'll look into it further.

2) "I can search for a song and add it to a playlist from the home page but it doesnt actually get added."

Sorry for the confusion, but could you clarify what you mean by "add it to a playlist from the home page"? If you could, sending us a screenshot or video illustrating what you mean would be a great help.

3) "Also, sometimes a playlist will just stop and when i try to play it again it says song not available. I uninstalled it and restarted my phone and still didnt work please help."

Does this happen just when you're listening to playlists, or does it happen when you're listening to music/podcasts in general? If it's a general issue, then it is most likely related to the ongoing issue which @Mantisentil mentioned. This thread is the place to go to stay updated on it.

Thanks! We'll be looking out for your reply 🙂

Suggested posts