Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cant select what songs i want to listen to

Solved!

Cant select what songs i want to listen to

Ive had spotify for about 4 days. Last night i go to open spotify and the layout of my playlists are different. Instead of the songs being listed and you click on them to listen, you can only press a green button that says "play" and it will play them in shuffled order. Underneath the play button it says "includes" and shows all the songs in your playlist but you can't select them. Ive tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling but it doesnt change anything.

34 Replies

Hey,

Just wanted to add that I am having the exact same problems. Everything was working fine until this morning. Not only can I not select any individual tracks from a playlist, but my playlists also reverted to alphabetical order by track title.

Interestingly, like others having this problem I got my subcription about 2 days ago.

Hi guys,

Thanks for letting us know about this. We'd like to gather a little more info, so I'm going to send an email to everyone who's had the issue so far. It'll make things a little easier for us.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Ok. Don't forget about me lol

Hello folks. We're sorry for any problems the issue has caused. Our team is aware of the issue and currently working on a fix. Please post in this thread if you're having this issue and we'll get you sorted out soon.

Me too. Subscriber for less than 24 hours. The playlist tracks are in alphabetical order by track name.

I'm having the issue as well. I'm a fairly new subscriber.

Marked as solution

Hey guys. We believe we've fixed this issue for those of you who have posted in this thread. Can you please confirm? 

Yeah it's fixed. Thanks!

To everyone else, you have to log out and log back in to get it to change.

All fixed! Thanks to the people and devs who helped!

Yep -- it is all fixed. Thanks!

I can turn shuffle and repeat on and off now, but those are the only changes I see. Reminder, I'm new, so some of these issues may be newbie inexperience but:

• I still can't see how to select songs from a playlist or reorder them.
  • I still see the playlist songs in alphabetical order by title, not the order in which the playlists were created. The Android playlist sequence should match the playlist sequence in the Windows application.
  • I don't see a way to clear the play queue.

I listen to lots of different music, including classical. I want to hear the movements of a symphony in the order in which the composer intended  them to be heard, not the order in which a dictionary would place them. 

I appreciate the efforts being made by the development team, but unless someone can explain to me how to do the items I mentioned above, then from my perspective Android playlists remain broken. 

Marked as solution

@sek When you open a playlist, are you still seeing the large play button at the top as in this post? If so, could you try restarting your mobile device please.

That did the trick! Joe, you get thanks and kudos, and I get a Homer Simpson "D'Oh!"

LOL...........enjoy your music and shout if you need any help. Spotify can be a bit bewildering at times 🙂

Hey everyone. We've resolved this issue for now so we're going to close this thread. If you're still experiencing the issue, be sure to logout and log back in to resolve the issue. Thanks for the reports!

Suggested posts