Cant select what songs i want to listen to

Solved!
Highlighted

Cant select what songs i want to listen to

Casual Listener

Ive had spotify for about 4 days. Last night i go to open spotify and the layout of my playlists are different. Instead of the songs being listed and you click on them to listen, you can only press a green button that says "play" and it will play them in shuffled order. Underneath the play button it says "includes" and shows all the songs in your playlist but you can't select them. Ive tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling but it doesnt change anything.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution!

Re: Cant select what songs i want to listen to

Spotify Legend

Hey guys. We believe we've fixed this issue for those of you who have posted in this thread. Can you please confirm? 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Solution!

Community Legend

@sek When you open a playlist, are you still seeing the large play button at the top as in this post? If so, could you try restarting your mobile device please.

View solution in original post

34 Replies
Highlighted

Community Legend

Any chance of a sceen capture?

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Screenshot_2013-10-20-16-12-36[1].png
Highlighted

user-removed
Not applicable

I'm having the same EXACT problem.. I hope this isn't a change or something because I JUST started a subscription and if it is I'm definitely gonna cancel.. Having to hit "Play" and then go to the queue is a pain and one more step that shouldn't be required, and after you select a song from the queue you have to hit "Play" again to get the songs back before you selected the song you wanted.. It's really stupid..

Highlighted

Casual Listener

What phone do you have. I have a galaxy s3. So im not sure if its a phone thing or what but yeah this is pissing me off

Highlighted

Re: Can't select what songs I want to listen to

user-removed
Not applicable

I have a Galaxy S3 as well.. I saw the screenshot you had and I considered the same possibility..

Highlighted

Community Legend
Are you sure your in your playlists?

If you go to the playlists page using the navigation menu, do you see your playlists?

Does the same thing happen when you go into one?

Liam
Highlighted

Re: Can't select what songs I want to listen to

user-removed
Not applicable

Yeah, tried that too.. Definitely in playlists.. It just won't let you select a song to play.. Even if you go into Browse mode and click on a category and a playlist to play it'll do the same exact thing.. 

Highlighted

Community Legend
OK, that's new...

It looks like normal on my device - I'm wondering if its a slow rollout new feature...

I'll escalate this to staff 🙂

Liam
Highlighted

user-removed
Not applicable

Thank you very much.. I hope it's not a NEW feature though because this REALLY bites if it is..

SUGGESTED POSTS