Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cant use my spotify premium - google smart lock blocks spotify starting

Solved!

Cant use my spotify premium - google smart lock blocks spotify starting

My wife has a google nexus 6. Up until about a week ago, spotify worked fine and she uses it most days (she pays for premium).  Now, if she opens spotify, a few seconds later, some sort of weird smart lock messages pops up, and closes spotify app down.

We tried rebooting the phone, didnt help. 

We found several posts with the same issue, but none had replies.

Any suggestions?

56 Replies

I have the same problem in a Samsung S9+ after an update of Android-Samsubg system. I fixed it loggin at Spotify through internet URL on Chrome and reset the password of my premium Spotify account. I log in again and was fixed.

Prevously I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Spotify, also shut up my cell phone, also loggin out and relogging  my Googke account but anything work. The only think that works was log in through Spotify website and changing my password for a new one.

Marked as solution

I had the same problem. Here is how I resoloved it:

1. Go to https://passwords.google.com/

2. In the search box look for Spotify.

3. Press the Delete buttorn.

4. Re open Spotify app, this time you will be able to ener your password

I had the same issue.  Heres how i fixed it:

Install the spotify app on your computer or laptop

Instead of trying to log in, hit reset password.

Follow instructions on how to reset password

reinstall spotify on your phone

I had the same problem, saw an email in my inbox notifying me spotify had reset my password last night. Updated password and it seems to be ok now 

i use xiaomi mi 8, try everythnig in this page, but only this method work for me, thank you...

I had the same problem. I fixed it by resetting my password. Earlier today, I'd recieved an email saying that I had to update my password. Completely normal after I just changed it. 

Works well.

SOLUTION FOUND!!!!!!!!! Get an iphone

The same thing happened to me, I CHANGED the PASSWORD and it will work!!

I had the same issue initially with Google Smart Lock. I've tried all the suggestions on this string and unfortunately, changing my password in Spotify doesn't resolve the issue. Neither does changing the password to match my google password, uninstalling and reinstalling Spotify, forgetting my password in the saved passwords on my phone, etc. I'm so frustrated that I've been paying for Premium yet haven't been able to use my account in almost two months.

One thing to note is that after I changed my password, the smart lock banner stopped showing up before it crashed, and now it just crashes with no banner 😞

Hopefully someone from Spotify can provide a solution that works.

I had the same problem, and I solved it.

In my case it's Spotify fault. You are not allowed to be abroad for more the 2 weeks.

So you have to go to your spotify account on a web browser and change/update your profile to the country where you are just now.

https://www.spotify.com/no/account/profile

We could find no solution to this, so bought an iphone. No problems with iphone and spotify so far. Anyone want to buy a Nexus 6?

Thats an expensive solution!, but thanks for the option.

What phone (brand name and model)and OS (Android) you have installed?

I have a Samsung s10 plus running Pie.

Change password for Spotify ?

so the problem got solved. you have to turn flight mode on then open the App spotify go to settings go offline mode then log out then make the flight mode out again. create new password on the Internet website and then sign up for Spotify when registering, ask the Google smart lock and then none of this

then close the App once and then it goes again

LG Lena

Solution:

Check your registered email's inbox, Spotify might have sent a mail telling you that they have reset your password due to suspicious activity. Reset it, go offline and log out of your account in the app > go back online and log in.

Hope it helps! 

Worked perfect! thank you so much!

Thanks "itai7se"

@itai7se wrote:

I had the same problem. Here is how I resoloved it:

1. Go to https://passwords.google.com/

2. In the search box look for Spotify.

3. Press the Delete buttorn.

4. Re open Spotify app, this time you will be able to enter your password

This is absolutely the solution. 

I did as itai7se suggested and the problem immediately stopped for me.  All of the other things people are suggesting are "back doors" to get your Spotify password to match what Google had saved.  The method of itai7se was certainly quick and easy, and good to know for other times when this might happen with another app.

For those that needlessly bought an Iphone, please forgive me.  This problem only happeded to me this afternoon.

Suggested posts