Cant use my spotify premium - google smart lock blocks spotify starting

Solved!
Highlighted

Re: Cant use my spotify premium - google smart lock blocks spotify starting

bzsofia

Hello, same thing here. I disabled Smart lock first, then removed that Google account from my phone, but I still cannot start Spotify. Does Google block it intentionally?

Zsófi

Highlighted

Lena1212
Casual Listener
1. Act on flight mode on mobile phone
2. start the App Spotify and unsubscribe via settings
3. change the password of Spotify in the internet browser
4. turn off the flight mode on the phone
5. Start the App spotify
6. who will ask if the Google smart Lock is known because then select not known
7. log in as usual
8. App close again

and then everything goes back to normal

Highlighted

PrincessTempura
Casual Listener

This isn't a resolution for me. I've deleted my saved Spotify password dozens of times already, uninstalled and reinstalled the program, changed my password on the web to match the one for Google, and changed it independently. 

I just tried downloading again and the same thing is still happening. I can enter my password to log in, but it immediately blinks off and never opens. Screenshot of the empty spotify and the latest version I downloaded are attached.

I'm currently using a workaround by downloading playlists to my very old ipod and listening to that on the long commute home. But this is making me feel like I should start paying for Pandora 😞

Screenshot_20190606-075236_One UI Home.jpg
Screenshot_20190606-075257_Google Play Store.jpg
Highlighted

mrkay

@nicholastwj wrote:

Solution:

Check your registered email's inbox, Spotify might have sent a mail telling you that they have reset your password due to suspicious activity. Reset it, go offline and log out of your account in the app > go back online and log in.

Hope it helps! 

This worked perfectly, thank you!

Highlighted

nutmix
Regular

We tried everything, including reinstalling, changing spottify password etc. Nothing helped. In the end we had to go out and buy an iphone, and bin the Nexus 6.

Highlighted

Dwarfett
  • I get a Blue Ribbing across the screen which says GoogleSmartLock and my business email, which I don't  use with Spotify. Locks the log-on process. Tried everything, Disable smart lock, New download, U name it. But nothing wotks. Much annoying  😞  Brand new S9.

No screen copy cause of security.

Highlighted

Bryannrx
Casual Listener

Did u get it resolved?. I'm also currently experiencing the same problem

Highlighted

PrincessTempura
Casual Listener
After maybe two and a half months and several phone updates later, I again
tried downloading and it finally worked. I still don't know what the
problem was but it must have been an incompatibility with my phone software
and spotify version.
Highlighted

kbarnes62604
Visitor

This worked for me!  I don't have a subscription, so I didn't have to unsubscribe.  My Smart Lock was causing my app not to log in.  So, after removing my password from my saved Smart Lock passwords (you have to do that through your Google acct), I turned on Airplane mode, logged into the Spotify app, then logged into Spotify on my PC and changed my password, then turned Airplane mode off on my phone.  It kicked my out of the app, I closed it (just for safe measure), reopened it and put in the new password.  Ta-da!! It worked!  It didn't ask me to save it to Smart Lock, but I won't have it do that again..  Thanks Lena1212!

Highlighted

Ric16
Visitor

Worked for me. Thank you so much!

My premium Spotify account just suddenly stopped working today WHILE I WAS LISTENING TO MUSIC on a Samsung S10+. The widget on the home screen disappeared first and couldn't get added back in. After I closed the app and reopened it, it wouldn't sign in and the Google Smart Lock Ribbon started flashing and sometimes crashed the app.

SUGGESTED POSTS