Premium

Country

Malaysia

Device

Moto E4 Plus

Operating System

Android Nougat 7.1.1

My Question or Issue

I don't know why Canvas stopped working on my phone not too long which is weird. Tried to turn it on but it just won't. I have an iPhone and it appears to be working just fine there. May I know if the feature isn't available anymore on Android currently?

4 Replies

halfaxadegaza

My Moto E4 Plus with Android Version 7.1.1 Nougat also has the same problem. In addition to Canvas not appearing, album art covers corrupt and do not fully load. I have already talked to support, but it has not worked or solved, since updates after version 8.5.30 onwards this problem happened and the application never returned to normal.

RockyDaniels

What you have described is the exact problems that have been going on for me as well. Not a surprise since we're using the same phone. I hope support reaches out soon and helps us out.

Katerina

Hey there @RockyDaniels and @halfaxadegaza,

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community about this!

If you haven't tried this already, we'd recommend performing a thorough reinstallation of the app on your Android device as this fixes many common issues. You can find the steps to do that in this Spotify Answer.

Further, we'd recommend trying a different internet connection (for example, if you're using 3G/4G data, switch to a WiFi network) to see if the issue persists there. If it works with another connection, we'd suggest contacting the service provider of the original network for more information.

If that doesn't do the trick, it'd be helpful if you could let us know some additional details, for example, if this is happening on all tracks. Any screenshots or screen recordings of what's happening would be useful so we can take a closer look into this - just make sure that there's no private/sensitive info displayed.

Keep us posted!

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

halfaxadegaza

The clean reinstall won't work
The problem is in compatibility with Android or the device. All problems with the Motorola E4 are precisely with this problem.

Suggested posts