Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to share canvas to any app

Unable to share canvas to any app

As the title says, I’m unable to share Spotify canvases to ANY app. I’ve tried with Instagram and Snapchat and they do not work. I’ve tried cleansing my cache, uninstalling the app, turning Canvas on and off, and even restarted my device. None of these things have helped and the issue still persists. I am running on version 8.7.10.1611. Please let me know if anyone else has this problem or if you guys have any ideas on how to fix it. Thanks so much in advance!

Top Answer
AlejaR

Hey folks,

Thanks for your reply in this thread.

@bayero, just to confirm, are you having inconveniences sharing your songs on Instagram as well or you just don't see the Canvas option in your settings app? Keep in mind currently Canvas is available for Android and iOS devices, but this excludes tablets. 

If you can't see the Canvas setting on your mobile, it looks like what you're describing is this inconvenience. We reported this to our tech folks; even though the status is set as Not right now, it doesn't mean this is not being investigated. We’d suggest adding your vote in the thumbs up icon and subscribing to it to get notified as soon as we have any updates to share.

@carabaggio, if that the case, perhaps the behavior you're seeing in your side is the one reported in this thread. So, we'd recommend having a look at it and providing us there with the info we'll need to report it. You can find the details we'll need you to send us in the pin message at the top of the thread.

We hope you found this helpful. Let us know if you need anything else. 

48 Replies

Hey @teegzn,

Thanks for posting in the Community! We've moved your post to a relevant Help Board where it fits better.

We understand you have troubles sharing Canvas to your stories. We'll be glad to give you more info about that.  Currently, iOS and Android users have the ability to share their favorite Canvas visuals to Instagram stories. Here are the steps to do this:

1. Opening the selected song’s three-dots menu.
  2. Selecting Share.
  3. Selecting Instagram Stories.

Also there a few things to keep in mind when sharing a track with Canvas:

• You won't be able to choose whether to share the artwork or the Canvas - the Canvas will always override.
  • On Instagram Stories this will appear as a moving visual of the Canvas and a link for fans to listen on Spotify.
  • Stories won't play the audio of the track, but you will be able to tap through to listen to the song on the Spotify app.

If your issues persists, then please come back with a short video of what is happening exactly on your end and also share with us the make, model and OS of your device, so we can take a closer look and advise you better.

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

Kiril Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi!

Thanks for your reply. The issue is still occurring. Here is all the information that you asked for-

Make: iPhone 11 Pro Max

OS Model: iOS 15.4 Dev Beta 5

I know you may think the issue is because I am running a beta of iOS, but I had my friend test the issue as well and she is having the same problem. 

Her is her device information-

Make: iPhone xR

OS Model: 15.2.1

Here is a video of the issue: https://imgur.com/a/6nZ9KoE 

I am having the same issue as well now, just suddenly. It was working fine a couple of days ago. I had the same issue last year. Reinstalling and updating doesn’t fix the issue. Please help! 

Having the same exact issue for the past couple of days now. Was wondering if you guys discontinued this feature.

Hey folks, 

Thanks for the info you've sent so far.

We've passed this information to the right team who are currently looking into it. Rest assured we'll post updates here as soon as we have new info to share.

If you need a hand with anything else, just let us know.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

UPDATE: It’s fixed with the new update!! 

Which update? Update of the spotify app? 

yes! I updated the app last night and now it’s working perfectly. The update was just labeled as a bug fix update so they must have fixed a few issues and the canvas issue is gone now.

Hi there folks,

Thank you for your replies in this thread.

@teegzn - we're super glad to see that everything works as it should for you 🙂

@Gellie_04 - you can check more about updates here.

Have a great start of your weekend 🙂 

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

I have the same problem and it didn't get any better after a clean install.

Huawei P30 Lite MAR-LX1A

EMUI Version 10.0.0

Spotify Version: 8.7.16.1354

Hey @gus_tz,

Thank for the post!

The right folks at Spotify are aware of this issue and are working on improving it. We don't have any official info when exactly this will be fixed, so it's best that you keep your app updated, as it might get handled in one of the next updates.

Cheers!

AlexModerator

Updated, but if i share with the canvas the link didnt appear

Hey @Rookiezy,

Thanks for your reply in this thread.

In this case, you can start off with a clean (more thorough) reinstall of the Spotify app on your device to check if this makes a difference. You can find out the steps to do it here.

If this doesn't do the trick, could you share with us the exact make/model and OS of your device along with the Spotify version you have installed?

We'll keep an eye on your response!

AlejaRModerator

Canvas is working fine for me but every time i try to share it on my insta story the link to the song doesn't show up. Trier clearing cache, uninstalled and reinstalled Spotify and Instagram a couple of times but still nothing. 

Hey @Moneyy,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

Could you share the Spotify app version you're using and prepare a short screen recording of the issue you're experiencing?

We'd also need the brand/model and operating system of your device.

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator

My Canvas is working fine...I can share it on Instagram stories but the "play on Spotify" link doesn't show up...Tried reinstalling both the apps but nothing happened.

Spotify Version : 8.7.68.568

Model : Vivo V2025

I have same problem, I am running on 8.782.94. at the same time I can share from a diferent device and share to Facebook Stories and Snapchat.

Hi there @Johannes25,

Thanks for the post.

Can you clarify if you can't share the canvas itself to a Facebook Story/ Snapchat or you can't open the song in Spotify? It would be great if you can let us know your device's model and exact OS version. 

It would be great if you can add a screenshot of how things look when you try sharing songs to those apps.

We'll look into this further. Cheers.

AlexModerator

Plan

Premium

Country

Canada

Device

pixel 5

Operating System

Android 13

My Question or Issue

i can't share spotify canvas to spotify. When i try to share it it doesn't load to Instagram.

Suggested posts