Family Premium

Country

Italy

Device

Samsung Galaxy Note 9

Operating System

Android Pie

My Question or Issue

I use an aux cable because I have no bluetooth connection in my car radio. So,  I have to set the car mode manually (ok). I also check the "always on" option in the Spotify Car view Settings. For 1 or 2 days, when driving my screen was correctly kept unlocked, in car mode. But after a few days, this useful feature stopped working: car mode is ok (big icons), music keeps playing, but the screen goes to sleep after 30 seconds. Any idea?

Thank you.

4 Replies

Hey! So I might be misunderstanding you, but it sounds like you're having issues connecting to CarPlay properly.

If CarPlay doesn't work as you expect, make sure that your iPhone has the latest version of iOS. After your iPhone is updated, follow these steps—checking CarPlay after each step:

1. If CarPlay doesn't activate automatically, look for the CarPlay logo on your car's display.
  2. Restart your iPhone and your car. 
  3. Make sure that Siri is on.
  4. If your iPhone isn't detected by CarPlay, make sure that CarPlay isn't restricted. Go to Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions, tap Allowed Apps and make sure that CarPlay is enabled.
  5. Go to Settings > General > CarPlay, and tap Forget This Car.
  6. Check your connection:
    • If you have a wired connection, try connecting again with a different USB cable to a different USB port if you have one.
    • If you have a wireless connection, enable Airplane Mode by going to Settings > Airplane Mode. Don't enable Airplane Mode from Control Center.
  7. If needed, install firmware updates. Check your car's manual for more information

If that doesn't really fit what you meant, you might want to check and make sure you're using the correct cable for your device. Even if it is, it's worth trying a different one in case it's damaged.

If you’re connecting via USB cable, make sure your car’s media system is updated to the latest firmware version. You can also try these alternative ways to play Spotify in your car, one of these might suit you better!

Hope this was helpful!! 🙂

No, your answer is not satisfying. I said that my OS is Android Pie, and your talk about IOS and Siri? **bleep** bot.

Margie

I ran into this recently with my iPhone on a non-CarPlay deck.  It wouldn't recognize my car as actually being a car without the Bluetooth name of the deck literally having CAR- in the name.  Worth maybe giving it a try?

Thank you. For the life of me, I couldn't figure out why this stopped working. Its because I didn't nickname my bluetooth/aux device something car on my new phone.

Suggested posts