Premium

Country 

Thailand

Device

Xiaomi A1 

Operating System

Android 9

My Question or Issue

Spotify works fine when it comes to playing music, but when I listen to the podcast by Hospital Records, I press play and then it stops, starts, stops, starts ad infinitum, making it unplayable. I then have to close Spotify and reopen it.  If I play music on Spotify instead everything is fine.  

Hospital Records Podcast | Podcast on Spotify

This podcast used to play on Spotify without issue just fine, but now I can't listen to it on my phone.  When I listen to the same podcast on the same phone using something like Mixcloud or Google Podcasts it plays perfectly fine.

2 Replies

Hey @ianwuk,

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here.

As we haven’t seen any similar posts about this, we feel this is most likely isolated to your device or specific setup. To that end, could you give the steps here a go for a clean reinstall of the app? This step lets you start afresh with the latest app version by removing any corrupted files from previous installations. It's also a good idea to make sure that the app has all necessary permissions enables and is excluded from battery optimization.

If that doesn't fix thing, could you let us know if you can replicate this behavior on another network or with a friend or family members account? 

Keep us posted! We'll be happy to lend a hand if you need more help. 

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hey! I have been experiencing thse same extremely frustrating issues for 6months - a year. 

I often lay in bed listening and to podcasts through my earbuds and the podcast would constantly and erratically cut in and out once my phone screen locked. Not pause, but just cut in and out like it had bad signal and couldn't stream - except I have great service and wifi where I am.

I had changed every setting spotify support had suggested, uninstalled, reinstalled, updated, logged in logged out, cleared memory, cleared cache, changed battery settings, changed phone settings, changed spotify settings, I tried everything and nothing fixed it. I gave up. It was beyond frustrating and found myself barely using spotify as it was unlistenable. 

However recently I tried again as I'd simply forgot about the issue and hadn't used spotify in months. It did the same thing, cutting in and our erratically once my phone screen locked. Out of frustration I would tap my locked screen to make sure I was on wifi and when the screen was activated the cutting out stopped until the screen went dark again. 

So out of sheer frustration and curiosity, I tried something else and I think I have fixed it.

In your phone settings, turn on 'always on display'

Once you have done that, in the always on display settings, go to widgets, and turn on display music.

This is what fixed the issue for me, on my S20. I hope it helps you guys too!!

Suggested posts