Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Changelog after each Update (In-App)

With each new update, no matter what gets added or taken away, there is a curious lack of accountability from the actual staff, and the (paying) userbase are left confused.

Why can we not drag from iTunes into our playlists anymore? Why can we not order our playlist columns as we see fit?

So a detailed, easily accessible, log after each update would sort this. In this log should be a list of all the changes made with each update, and with the reasons why the changes were made. This is most important.

We pay for this service. Why should we be left utterly confused with each update? We're left to scurry over to this forum, where your lackeys (who actually aren't on the development team) have no choice but to say 'I don't know' to each question, and with each request to implement back a feature in the Ideas section, the only response is 'This is not a priority'.

What's wrong with some honesty, eh?

Updated on 2018-10-03

Hey,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange with your feedback.

We're keeping this status as 'Not Right Now' for the time being.

Right now, we don't have plans to implement a detailed change log with both changes and reasoning behind it for every app update. For news about updates we've made, please keep an eye here on the Idea Exchange as well as on our News Blog

We appreciate you sharing your thoughts, and we'll check back in here if we have any other info.

Thanks.

Comments
Marco
Status changed to: Up for Votes
Updated: 2016-06-03

Marked as new idea and edited the title slightly to make it easier to find via search. 😉
This idea is a re-post of this inactive idea.

alv4

This would be cool. They do changes and remove features without any notice

zoobain

Also to add to this, some longer more detailed answers and feedback in the support community forums. 
I've spent my morning going round in circles, seeing post after post closed by mods with little or no explantion. 

shinobisensei

I too would definitely request that you do this spotify. It is an important asset for an application, to be able to communcate what changes have been made since the previous version, in some way or another.

OmerWow

I think it's can be really cool, I like reading changelogs and know what's new in apps I'm using, espicailly as frequently as Spotify 🙂

dd_23

I definitely want to know what changes with a new version, even if it's just a bugfix release. **bleep**, I even remember some funny entries in the Android changelog. Why would you abandon that? You don't have to add that to the app, but at least dump the changelog on some forum or website.

NAJS

I want to know what goodies you remove please, and why, and when they come back better etc - patch notes/change log - something would be awesome.

meahtenoha
Status changed to: Not Right Now
Updated: 2016-08-05

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange with your feedback. Right now we don't have plans to implement a detailed change log with both changes and reasoning behind it for every app update. For news about updates we've made please keep an eye here on the Idea Exchange as well as on our News Blog

If you'd also like to see some changes before other users, as well as talk directly with developers, you can sign-up to join our thousands of Beta testers here. Thanks!

chrisaverage

"Right now we don't have plans to implement a detailed change log" - But why? This is a small and easy to implement feature that has been a frequent request for years!

If I'm paying for an app I want to know what it actually does and when what features come and go. Why should I scout forums, blogs and social networks just to get an idea of what my app does this particular day?

It looks like I'm paying for something, but you won't tell me for what and you change and modify that thing whenever and however you want, leaving it to me to figure out on my own what actually happened. That's ridiculous!

I'm not using Spotify to enhance my investigative skills. I'm using it to discover and listen to music.

Please please make it happen.

adarazs

This answer is really inacceptable and shows the same level of tasteless disregard to your users as the "what's new" message itself.

The Android client is definitely declining in quality, at least not improving in any measureable way. There were no new features and problems (e.g. "not connected to internet") are getting more frequent. All I know is you're bumping the version number to make it look like you're still working on it to get it to "update".

Spotify, you're really dropping the ball on all fronts (lyrics from the desktop client removed) without a single improvement in either the Windows or Android client. I'm not going to pay for this much longer.