Change Log?

Change Log?

JRSofty
Casual Listener

As someone who likes to know what exactly is going on with the applications running on my devices, a list of changes made by an update is very important to me. 

A search for change logs for Spotify, especially for the Android platform, seems to send me to multiple places in the community pages and they all have logs that are several years old. Nothing about the most recent update that I just loaded on my phone.

While I understand that to gather this information manually can be time consuming, there are plenty of tools available that would link into your source control and generate this information for you. Then a simple link that to that from the Play Store page or even better as part of the about box should be simple to do.

4 Replies

Re: Change Log?

Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

Hey @JRSofty,

Thanks for coming to the Community.

Right now, Spotify doesn't have plans to implement a detailed changelog with both changes and reasoning behind it for every app update.

You can add your support to this idea to let Spotify know that it's something that you'd like to see.

MaximRock Star 24
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

WTFaddchangelog
Visitor

Are you **bleep**ing kidding me?? Post you're referring to IS FROM 2016! is that so little time to reflect on a thing supported by almost 1500 people, many of which PAY YOU FOR THIS SERVICE FOR CRYING OUT LOUD. 

bilbao92

Yes, I also find this ridiculous that they do not publish their changes. Nearly every developer of both desktop and mobile software publishes changes they made for its users. I'm not sure why Spotify thinks they are immune to this common practice. Even Google gives details about the changes they make to frequently updated apps.

I think we'll even settle for a simple change log like "We fixed a crash that happens to Android 8 users" or "We added a new setting for privacy". Just anything other than the generic statement statement there now. Its for everyones benefit. That way we know if the bug we submitted is actually getting taken care of, or keep us from submitting a bug you've just fixed in the last update.

JRSofty
Casual Listener
Would it be possible to know why Spotify doesn't plan on supporting a change log?
SUGGESTED POSTS