Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Change in Sound Quality after a few minutes of playback

Change in Sound Quality after a few minutes of playback

Hi guys,

I've started having a problem after upgrading to Android 4.2.2 recently on my HTC One XL (with beats audio). The playback quality will be fine for the first minute or two, and then suddenly the sound quality will drop, most notably in the bass. After unplugging my headphones or stereo cable in to my car for a few seconds then plugging it in again, the sound quality returns to normal but will then drop again after a few minutes. I've tried it with other players and apps and I've not had the loss of sound quality. I've tried uninstalling and re-installing and that's made no difference either. 

Just wondering if anyone has had or heard of this issue?

Thanks. 

3 Replies

Try disabling any EQ's or audio effects.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

The only effect I have running is beats which comes as stock with some HTC phones, no other EQs or effects. Without beats it sounds totally flat all of the time. 

After playing with various bits and pieces on my phone, I've found that the EQ crashing only occurs when the screen is switched off. If the screen is set not to switch off it doesn't crash and sound quality remains normal. Anyone else found this?

Suggested posts