Plan

Premium

Country

US

Device

Samsung Note 9

Operating System

Android Oreo

I was always able to search an artist, click their profile, go to the artist's radio station and hit "follow." Within that station, it continually played similar music and the tracks would keep updating. Basically I could listen to it continuously. It also has the thumbs up thumbs down buttons. Then Spotify came out with artist radio playlists which were basically just playlists. I couldn't alter these in anyway and they have an endpoint. Now the "follow" button is no longer there for the artist radio station through their profile. I went into the stations in my library and when I click on any of them it goes to the Spotify artist radio playlist even if I never followed it. I'm really disappointed because I loved the actual artist stations and being able to thumbs up/down tracks. I also love that I could follow those stations and it added to my stations in my library for quick access. Was something updated recently and us anyone else having this issue?

Screenshot_20190112-165710_Spotify.jpg
Screenshot_20190112-165739_Spotify.jpg
2 Replies

This must have been an update.  My biggest concern is the removing of the thumbs up/down which I assumed was your way to teaching the algorithim which songs should be in that radio or obviously your personal tastes.  And that the radio would then curate based on your selections.

Now with the Artist Radio (The Cure Radio, Led Zeppelin Radio) it is basically just a playlist with I assume no input from the user.

In the Artist radio under their profile you can still do this. But the
artist playlist radio it was taken away. I prefer the profile radio. I just
hate that I don't have the option to follow the radio station anymore.

Suggested posts