Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Chromecast Audio problem.

Chromecast Audio problem.

When trying to skip forward to next song when casting to my chromecast audio from spotify on my iphone or ipad, it stops playing and when I press play it skips to next song and stops. Then pressing play again makes it skip to next song again and again until it suddenly plays a song. This keeps happening and is so annoying! I have try to reset, all devises and wifi router, nothing helps?

Video of the problem: youtube video

89 Replies

me too

That was sarcasm 😉

I hope this gets fixed soon 😞

This sucks! Had this issue for more than 9 months. Both Spotify and Chromecast are great products. Why the heck cant you make them work flawless together?

Dropping connection and reconnect is so darn annoying. Even bought an extra AP

just to try and solve the issue. Well that was a waste of money..

I think I have a clue:

May be spotify is internally configured to resume in pause mode from any possible micro-disconnection or dis-synchronization between Chromecast and Internet?

Just to reiterate the issue. If you have a chromecast audio and you connect to it that is fine. But if you try and play from your playlist or an album then it may play the track you are on but most times it will skip to the next track and may stay on that or you again have to hit play until it starts. Generally after that it is fine but it's incredibly irritating to the point of debating whether I need to look at another solution.

I have 3 chromecasts and Spotify is the only app that seems to have an issue with linking to it.

That's a different issue. Not sure if you have another phone or chomecast to check if it is a chromecast or phone issue. The one I have occurs for all 3 of the chromecast devices that I have and for both phones (both on Marshmallow - one a Samsung and one a Sony). The issue is when you link spotify to the chromecast device or devices the beep is heard to show it is connected. Then it takes about 3 plays to get it to start playing and the controls are not great. I think the issue is less the better the wifi connection as my most remote device has the worst issues but they all experience it.

Hello,

I had this problem like you 6 months ago before i start using Google Play Music.

This problem can only be fixed when Spotify creates a new account for you.

Send them a email with those lines and they will give you a test account to try.

They did this for me and it was solved that time.

The Chromecast Audio is amazing and hope that you can use it normally after this fix.

Enjoy

New account didn't fix it for me... And even if it did, that can't be the
solution. Because you lose all your followings and followers and year in
music

They can copy paste your stuff over to the new account and the solution i just told fixed it for me that time.

Anyway it still sucks that they wont fix the problem because i had this 6 months ago also 😞

They told me they can't do that with year in music and followers and
followings

Thats sucks well than no clue 😞

At that time i tried my friends Spotify account one the same Chromecast and that worked like it should. So It was 100% my account that was the problem.

Did you tried it with the test account they give you on support?

It's really strange that they could not fix the account instead of having to make a new one. It's not an "elegant" solution. It's also hard to reach them to ask them to make that. And it's hard to achieve that they copy all your info and maintain your followers connected. Why can't Spotify just fix the bug?

I have problems with my account too in combo with the Chromecast Audio.

This email was there respond after testing there test account.

Hello,

Thanks for coming back to us.

It seems like there´s an issue with your account, if everything worked fine with the test account.

What we can do is to help you create a new account and transfer the following to it:

• Your followers
  • All playlists
  • Playlist followers
  • Your Music tracks and albums
  • Notification settings
  • User details (excluding email address)

If you’d like to go ahead with this, keep in mind that we can't transfer subscription details. To continue rocking Premium, you’ll need to cancel your current subscription with these steps, then resubscribe on your new account when it’s ready.

Note: This process will remove any discounted rates, such as Premium for Family and Student Discount, so you’ll need to reapply these if necessary.

We can free up your current email address so you can use it to create a new account.

How does it sound? Do you have another suggestion? 

Just tell us if you would like to go ahead and we´ll start the process.

We hope to hear from you soon. Let us know if you need help with anything else.

Have a nice day,

bump

I tried a new account and it didn't help. Just occasionally.

Well........... 😞 than no idea 

they simply need to do something and stop asking the same questions

Suggested posts