Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Chromecast Audio's don't show on Samsung Galaxy S7

Chromecast Audio's don't show on Samsung Galaxy S7

Hello everyone,

I'm having a strange issue. As a private smart phone i use a samsung galaxy S7. As a work phone I use a Galaxy A5. 

On my S7 Spotify Connect  does not show my chromecast audio in the device list when I arrive at home. When running spotify on my A5 it dóes show the chromecast audio. The rest of the settings is exactly the same.

I dont understand why there would be a difference between the two devices, from a spotify / chromecast / wifi perspective. If anything, the A5 has more security features since work requires it to be more protected. Which is why I want the S7 to work, it does not require any security / login and its quicker to use as a remote.

What did I do already?
- Replace acces point - everything on (perfect signal) 2.4 Ghz wifi
- Restart phones / force stop Spotify.
- Chromecast firmware latest version
- Phones updated
- Spotify updated
- Google home updated. 

Any help is greatly appreiciated. 

Forcing a restart through the android settings for the spotify app fixes the issues for that instance, but it requires a forced restart when connected to wifi each time. I'd like to not have to force a restart. 

As said, The A5 works fine and does not require such a forced restart. I have some pretty decent sound system with 3 chromecasts troughout my house, and this is a royal pain in an otherwise great streaming solution. 🙂 

13 Replies

Same problem here!

If I connect to chromecast with another device, the S7 it's able to 'oversteer' the control of the initiator device( since it's visible in the device list). Else it's not visible.

Also Spotify Forum; you should really have a date of posts!

Me too 😞

I can restart my s7 and find the devices, and I can also find the chromecast devices from any other chromecast app without a restart, but... I'd rather not restart every time i come home. I agree this is very annoying. I've noticed my wife's iPhone sometimes has trouble connecting as well. 

For the time being I've moved over to Tidal, because there is still no fix.

Other things i've changed:

- New Android version (7.something)

- Reinstall spotify again (10th time)

- Router to both 5 and 2.4 Ghz, solely 5Ghz, solely 2.4 Ghz

Still no fix. I have a decent sound system and it was annoying me too much so for now its Tidal again. I like that spotify is cheaper and quality is pretty okay, but with this terrible functioning app on my S7 I'll rather use Tidal.

Spotify representatives, respond maybe?

Super irritating! Have the exact same problem. Any solutions yet?

Hi guys, welcome to the Spotify Community!

Could you let us know the exact version of Android and Spotify you're using? We'd recommend logging out and back into your account to see if it helps.

Let us know how it goes 🙂

Hi,

Tried this already a few times, this doesn't help...
Spotify: 8.4.1.846 armV7
Android: 6.0.1

Hope you can help, it is really very annoying..

Thanks!

Spotify 8.4.1.846armV7
Android 7.0, problem was also there on 6.x 

Baseband-version G930FXXU1DQD2

Hi!
Using Spotify version 8.4.1.846armV7
Samsung galaxy s7 with Android 7.0
Baseband version G930FXXU1DQB3
All other audio apps can find and connect to the Chromecasts.
I can also find other units through Available devices in Spotify, such as my computer or iPads but not the Chromecasts.
I can find them once if I restart the phone but after that first and only connection they can't be found. Restarting spotify through the multitask window doesn't help.

Exact same issue here Herr_Toft

Also the same anyoing thing. Question, is this forum monitored by spotify ? if so, why dnt we see an reply from them? the orginal post was 4 weeks ago ??? 

It's been 4 weeks, and still no solution or comment from Spotify. Do they expect people to keep paying for this?

I recommend adding the relevant details to this bug topic where spotify staff are active.

Good point, at least I pointed them in this direction now.

Suggested posts