Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Chromecast not available in "connect devices" on Android

Solved!

Chromecast not available in "connect devices" on Android

My Chromecast does not appear in the list of devices to connect to on the Spotify Android app (Galaxy Samsung S7).  Other devices are listed (such as my PC).  I can cast from all other apps (such as Netflix) from that same phone.  I restarted everything (cast, router, phone...) and reinstalled Spotify (including removing all cached data)...

All versions are up to date...

And still... no way for Spotify App to display my Chromecast. I get bored, really.

It was working a week ago, it is broken now.

Any suggestion someone ?

Thanks!

168 Replies

Lucky for you mate, mine is still down. Come on Spotify!

Mine spontaneously ok again after days of nothing.

Now my Chromecast 2 and Chromecast Audio are back in the device list again. I didnt do anything like reinstall or restart. I got Samsung Galaxy s6. Google Music and other apps did work like a charm all the time.

Has just appeared for me.

Here also!

Back for me too!

Surely Spotify know how this happens.

Reassure your paying customers and let us know what the issue is/was and that it won't keep happening.

All devices spontaneously appeared now. Wonder what the issue was ?

I raised a call to support about 1hr before it was fixed (for me at least).

I've received this in email from Spotify support.

"We're sorry to hear you've had some trouble with Spotify and chromecast. But good news: this issue has been fixed! Please try a quick reinstall on your devices in order to make sure you have the newest version to get the fix."

On my way home so I'll find out if it works for me. Ugh if spotify could just send out a tweet that they ackowledge something is wrong and they are fixing it. I mean stuff breaks we know that but at least talk to us

Suggested posts